very slow wifi speeds

I recently bought a xr500 and I am getting very slow wifi speeds. I am paying for 300/30 and i get .30/5 when on wifi, which doesnt even load webpages. On my wired devices i am getting the full 300/30 though. i have anti bufferbloat set to never, smart connect is on, and my speeds are set correctly in qos tab. My setup is arris surfboard sb6183 connected to the xr500. what could be the issue?

I recently bought a xr500 and I am getting very slow wifi speeds. I am paying for 300/30 and i get .30/5 when on wifi, which doesnt even load webpages. On my wired devices i am getting the full 300/30 though. i have anti bufferbloat set to never, smart connect is on, and my speeds are set correctly in qos tab. My setup is arris surfboard sb6183 connected to the xr500. what could be the issue?

Make sure Wifi Multimedia(WMM) is enabled in the wifi settings. I had this happen to me a while back

thanks, that helped a lot. should i enable implicit beamforming in advanced wireless?

I would leave all other wireless settings to the default. In my testing changing the implicit beamforming did not produce any noticeable effects.

It is supposed to help the connection with certain wireless devices.

I had the same issue with wifi speeds and that is what fixed it for me. Keep in mind you won't get full speeds with wifi and 2g has a lower limit but if you need full speed then you should connect with a wired connection. 

I'm not sure if it is a firmware issue or hardware issue with certain devices but 5g is broken on my router as well. Luckily 2g is plenty for my wireless devices plus it provides longer range over 5g anyway.

I would leave all other wireless settings to the default. In my testing changing the implicit beamforming did not produce any noticeable effects.

It is supposed to help the connection with certain wireless devices.

I had the same issue with wifi speeds and that is what fixed it for me. Keep in mind you won't get full speeds with wifi and 2g has a lower limit but if you need full speed then you should connect with a wired connection. 

I'm not sure if it is a firmware issue or hardware issue with certain devices but 5g is broken on my router as well. Luckily 2g is plenty for my wireless devices plus it provides longer range over 5g anyway.

I have 300 down and I get 300 down on 5g on the XR500

I have 300 down and I get 300 down on 5g on the XR500

As I said I think it maybe an issue that only affects certain devices. I pay for 300 down and get that when connected with ethernet cable. Connecting wirelessly I can only get close to 300 down if I turn off smart connect off and connect to the 2g network. I'm sure this is not an issue for most people but for some like me it is. Will Netgear exchange my router? The answer is no.

I've replaced my XR500 at best buy because the 2.4ghz is very inconsistent. I have 400 mbps download 20mbps upload and on the 2.4ghz  network the connection either drops or i get around 16-30mbps. The 5ghz works good but I have astro a50 TR wireless headset and when i have devices connected to the 5ghz I get wireless interruption. What speeds do you guys get with your devices connected to the 2.4ghz wireless? I've tried having my sons Xbox on the 2.4ghz wireless network but he's always skipping or lagging and when I connect him to the 5ghz it interferes with my wireless headset. I'm going to replace my current XR500 at best buy again, hopefully i get a XR500 that has a Stronger 2.4ghz signal connection. I've tried disabling beamforming , mu-mimo, changing wireless channels based on wifi analyzer app. I've tried factory resetting the router, disabled QOS and I still get the same low speeds on the 2.4ghz wireless network. I love Netduma routers I own both the R1 since launch and XR500 since march. It's not a total deal breaker for me but hopefully I get lucky this time around when I exchange my XR500 and get one where the wifi is more consistent 

• Administrators

I've replaced my XR500 at best buy because the 2.4ghz is very inconsistent. I have 400 mbps download 20mbps upload and on the 2.4ghz  network the connection either drops or i get around 16-30mbps. The 5ghz works good but I have astro a50 TR wireless headset and when i have devices connected to the 5ghz I get wireless interruption. What speeds do you guys get with your devices connected to the 2.4ghz wireless? I've tried having my sons Xbox on the 2.4ghz wireless network but he's always skipping or lagging and when I connect him to the 5ghz it interferes with my wireless headset. I'm going to replace my current XR500 at best buy again, hopefully i get a XR500 that has a Stronger 2.4ghz signal connection. I've tried disabling beamforming , mu-mimo, changing wireless channels based on wifi analyzer app. I've tried factory resetting the router, disabled QOS and I still get the same low speeds on the 2.4ghz wireless network. I love Netduma routers I own both the R1 since launch and XR500 since march. It's not a total deal breaker for me but hopefully I get lucky this time around when I exchange my XR500 and get one where the wifi is more consistent 

Let us know and we can try to help out further with your new one