• 6 months later...

So my XR500 is sitting in the corner waiting, my vigor 130 is due to arrive today, I was wondering before I try to set them all up, is option 61 available in latest firmware at this time, or will I be back here begging for it once I try to set up? if it is no problems, if it is not can I have the magical PM too 

2 hours ago, Rchiil said:

So my XR500 is sitting in the corner waiting, my vigor 130 is due to arrive today, I was wondering before I try to set them all up, is option 61 available in latest firmware at this time, or will I be back here begging for it once I try to set up? if it is no problems, if it is not can I have the magical PM too 

Hey Rchiil,

Yep it's included in the latest firmware 😁

Cheers,

2 hours ago, Rchiil said:

thanks for letting me know, lets hope its a quick setup, although i doubt it, I have to setup the modem, then xr500, then add the SX10 into the mix, then place the X6S upstairs ;)

Are you with Sky too? was a bit of pain tbh to get it working with the vigor130 :)

If you have bother I can screenshot what I configured on the Vigor to get mine working at the time, I have since switched ISP (Virgin Media)

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, Netduma Admin said:

The whole settings section on the XR500 is NETGEAR's, on the R1 it is our own. I'll need to check with Fraser as I'm not sure if this will be included.

I'll need to check with Fraser as I'm not sure.

Morning Duma Team 

i have recently changed from BT to Sky due to the pricing was half for the same speeds 80D and 20U. 

i have having the same problem on trying to find this "option 61" on the R1 running the latest firmware. As i want to use my own modem Vigor 130.

Have you used wireshark to find the user name and password from your sky router to enable you to use third party modems / routers ?

20 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Have you used wireshark to find the user name and password from your sky router to enable you to use third party modems / routers ?

Hi zennon and yes i have got my username and password and out the vigor in bridge mode as described on their website and the router then needs.  option 61 enabled to get Internet access. 

Unfortunately Option 61 is something the R1 doesn't support. It can be changed on the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers because they have a NETGEAR specific section of the interface with more complicated controls. You might need to use your Sky hardware and connect your R1 to that. I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

I don't know if Sky can release this limitation from their end, or if they really just hate people trying to use their own hardware in their own homes.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Unfortunately Option 61 is something the R1 doesn't support. It can be changed on the NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers because they have a NETGEAR specific section of the interface with more complicated controls. You might need to use your Sky hardware and connect your R1 to that. I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

I don't know if Sky can release this limitation from their end, or if they really just hate people trying to use their own hardware in their own homes.

They do not want users to use their own hardware, they specifically mask their usernames and passwords and unless you know how to obtain them via wireshark then you are forced to use their hardware!

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Thankyou for the help tho

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's a pre release of the next firmware so not publicly available yet.

--

It's at the bottom of Internet Setup fuzzy

hi is this coming out for the XR300 to?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

I requested this today as someone else has just asked for it as well.

That's brilliant that's the reason I've bought the xr300 as my r1 doesn't support it 😭 

• 3 years later...

bonjour ou peut on trouver 

DHCP Option

Chaîne d’identificateur client (option 61) :a quoi correspond elle adresse ip adresse mac 

Identificateur de classe de fournisseur VCI (option 60) :

Merci

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, N3XT3L said:

bonjour ou peut on trouver 

DHCP Option

Chaîne d’identificateur client (option 61) :a quoi correspond elle adresse ip adresse mac 

Identificateur de classe de fournisseur VCI (option 60) :

Merci

Vous pouvez le trouver au bas de la page de configuration Internet (la page lorsque vous êtes arrivé à Paramètres)