DumaOS Dashboard performance.

Hi, been reading the forums for several months now. Big fan of Fraser and always trying to learn as much as I can. Question about the dashboard..

Is there a limit to how much I can pin and if so could "over pinning" affect the routers performance?

I love the dashboard and I like to have a fair amount of things pinned but I don't want to cause issus.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There is no limit that I am aware of. You should be able to ping every available panel that is able to be pinned to the dashboard. It won't affect the routers performance but loading up the dashboard it would take longer for the panels to load.

Omfg.... I'm in love with a router.

True story... Sad Lyfe.

One more quick question, I just recently (as in the past year).became super interested in networking and routing and network/internet optimization so I'm still fairly new. Question is routers serve as a firewall mostly and an instrument to distribute one public IP into many LAN IPs but they also act as a medium for complete control over ones network and for gamers that's crucial for optimizing network and gaming performance. As technology evolves will routers continue to be a crucial and intrical part of networking or will they become a forgotten technology?