Slow video streaming and mobile connectivity issues

Hello

I am getting very slow speeds when watching videos. It can be either known networks like Youtube, Netflix, etc or other streaming sites like Rapidvideo, Streamango, Mp4upload, etc.

I have 700mbit symmetrical connection at home and I am connected via ethernet cable to my PC. If I use my mobile internet or just EdgeRouter-X, I have no problems but with XR500 I am having problems.

Also when I use WiFi with my phone, Whatsapp is taking too much time to connect. Many sites keep trying to connect, especially 9gag. Even Google Play is having troubles from time to time.

I tried Public DNS (9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8) and also my ISP DNS, it didn't have any effect.

I don't have QoS enabled, GeoFilter set to spectator mode.

What can I do? I turned on and off my router many times but nothing is changing.

My phone is Samsung S9+, and I have custom made PC, using Windows 10 x64. All drivers and updates are installed.

As side note, I mentioned on other post, I can't use this router for self FTP server, even with port forwarding and port triggering it is not accepting any connections.

Best regards

Nax

View the full article