Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VPN in Duma OS

VPN DumaOS share access QOS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Blur

Blur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 04:00 AM

Hi guys,

Pleeaaseeeeeee, We need the VPN back in dumaOS. not just "hidemyass", I use ExpressVPN and we need that area to insert the code, username and password. alot of games are not working working along with party chat cause of closed ports in my country and a VPN is my only way around it. I got a promise last month from fraser about this and still nothing. :( it was very simple in the R1 and you guys released the Nighthawk without it ? .....

Also another suggestions. regarding the "Share Access" in QOS. can you guys make it possible to limit the bandwidth of just one device so it wouldnt get more that what has been assigned to it while sharing access between all other devices ? 

Thanx

plb

plb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFrance

+1 the share access can be improved this way

Blur

Blur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

also where is ping assist Oo ?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,862 posts
  • Local time: 03:00 AM

Hi Blur - both of these features are on the way pretty soon. VPN Hybrid is in the late testing stages as is Ping Assist, and once they're approved and finalised by ourselves and Netgear they can then be released for you guys.

We got yo' back! That's not all though - there's tonnes more features on our roadmap for DumaOS, so stay tuned for any more major features.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Blur

Blur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi Blur - both of these features are on the way pretty soon. VPN Hybrid is in the late testing stages as is Ping Assist, and once they're approved and finalised by ourselves and Netgear they can then be released for you guys.

We got yo' back! That's not all though - there's tonnes more features on our roadmap for DumaOS, so stay tuned for any more major features.

Thanx for your reply jack,

Well thats what fraser told me too but how soon is soon, it seems everything has the tendency to stretch out when it comes to timelines with netduma staff. I was waiting for the dumaOS for month on the R1 and then i decided to trust you guys and upgrade to the XR, when I did, I was slightly disappointed.

I hope you guys keep your word and realy got our backs and it's not just words.

cheers 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,143 posts
  • Local time: 03:00 AM

This isn't our deadline, its down to Netgear for testing. We've reduced the time by getting a pre release version to people who want it. I can't say when exactly it will be ready. It is coming, I've tested it myself so I know its only a matter of time

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users