I recently bought an XR500 and after following the community for a few weeks, I see that hybrid VPN is still waiting to be greenlit by Netgear.

Do you have an ETA on the hybrid VPN feature, or at least a beta version that is planned to be released?

If so, how can users partake in a beta (e.g. replying to a forum post)?

I really need the new VPN feature on my router, dealing with a lot of packet loss in my current setup that only a VPN can fix. HMA is abysmal in terms of quality, I know you guys said it would be released in the next firmware update back in Feb, but it's been 3 updates later and no option still... :( please

Completely understand Netrix, really hope it will be out soon.

Just a thought...if the firmware has been developed and just going through QA testing, make it available as a beta firmware.  Beta firmware/software is fairly common nowadays.  

• Administrators

Just a thought...if the firmware has been developed and just going through QA testing, make it available as a beta firmware.  Beta firmware/software is fairly common nowadays.  

Really good idea  - if we can share it for beta we will do it as soon as we can!

So the hybrid VPN feature that's been promised as coming soon for 7-8 months still isn't available yet? Not even as a beta? Is only one person working on this part time or something? Even after all these months I tend to think it should be available by now. 

Would anyone know if when Hybrid VPN's are possible there will be an option to just import .ovpn files and then just input credentials? Not a big deal really just more out of curiosity!

Would anyone know if there will be a way to 'steer' certain application types via vpn and the rest straight out on the internet? Is it even being considered as a feature?  :D

• Administrators

Hi Fuzzy - yes to both. The plan is to allow you to input any openVPN config file and I believe can also choose the services / ports you want in or out of the VPN (as well as the devices of course).

Hi Fuzzy - yes to both. The plan is to allow you to input any openVPN config file and I believe can also choose the services / ports you want in or out of the VPN (as well as the devices of course).

Thanks for the response!

Sounds good, I have a VPN running on my NAS which I would love to offload that onto the router if I can in the near future  :D