Very Disappointed with XR500

Purchased a XR500 a couple days ago to upgrade an older R7000, really had high hopes for the router, but to my dismay it looks like I will be returning it.  Setup went smooth, it was after the set up that everything went to crap.  Anything hard wired to the router worked perfect, anything hooked to WiFi, not so much.  First, neither my wife's or my phone would connect, then multiple smart switches through out the house would continously not connect or drop off the router, then our Echo's disconnected and wouldn't reconnect, and my wireless camera's would constantly disconnect.  I tried every "fix" I could find; I did a factory reset, I made sure firmware was current, I even tried the static IP trick, nothing worked. Since the XR500 is a bust, does anyone have any suggestions for a good router that will handle heavy gaming and streaming?  My R7000 is hooked back up at the moment, and everything is back to normal.  I really hate to have to take it back, wish I could have figured out the problem.  It seems like it would be a phenominal router, if only it worked correctly.  

View the full article