What is the difference between the XR450 vs XR500?

Recently saw the XR450 at costco for around $250 and was amazed at the price. What is the difference between the XR450 and XR500? Will I notice any real world differences between the two? 

View the full article

I bought one last night, it was $199 on sale.  I planned on buying the Nighthawk AC2300 ($169) or the Nighthawk X6S ($199).  When I saw the XR450 on sale, I bit.  I am not a hardcore gamer, more of a casual gamer, but I do stream a lot of video.  I plan on setting the router up this weekend, curious though if its going to be overkill for me.    My current router is a TPLINK (running Gargoyle) i bought 5 years ago.  The WiFi has been spotty and ive had to rest it nearly every day.   I am looking for a reliable router with good range.    

I'm going to try and get one as well. I demo'd the 500 earlier this year...I thought the wifi was even better than my R7800. This was on shipping FW. I would recommend trying the router out before you decide to update FW. Im hoping the 450 will have same performance and coverage.

I bought one last night, it was $199 on sale.  I planned on buying the Nighthawk AC2300 ($169) or the Nighthawk X6S ($199).  When I saw the XR450 on sale, I bit.  I am not a hardcore gamer, more of a casual gamer, but I do stream a lot of video.  I plan on setting the router up this weekend, curious though if its going to be overkill for me.    My current router is a TPLINK (running Gargoyle) i bought 5 years ago.  The WiFi has been spotty and ive had to rest it nearly every day.   I am looking for a reliable router with good range.