Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

severe connection issues!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Huthayfa

Huthayfa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Local time: 03:07 AM

Hi,

Since 1 month I am facing much lag on all COD games ( most of my play time spent on COD), my issue is mostly WTF moments when I loose gunfights for just no reason. 

after a month of checking and annoying both Netgear and Netduma support :)  I believe I might finally found the issue, look at the attached photos and you will know directly What I am talking about.

these are not sample data from ping plotter, these are my real bad connectivity signals showed on ping plotter, I laughed for 10 minutes once I knew how was it simple to investigate my issues with black ops 3, infinite warfare and WWII, while I stayed days and days trying to find them the hard way, by modifying my MTU, DNS, DMZ, PortForwarding, UPNP, QoS....etc. 

as it is clear from the plots, the issue lays on my first two hops, which are actually my XR500 and ONT. 

I changed ports, cables, no use until now, reset and reboot both ONT and XR500 but no use. huge packet loss is taking place on my router and ONT.

Kindly help Mr. Fraser and Mr. Jack.

thanks in advance. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   145.63KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   140.24KB   1 downloads

5434888.png

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 798 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ
My word. That might be the worst PingPlotter result I’ve ever seen! I mean that in sympathy, it must be horrible to play on.

You also have high packet loss at hops further along the chain which is suspicious (points at an overall line issue)

What results do you get if you wire directly into your modem? Are they similar. Upload your results here and we’ll take a look.

Huthayfa

Huthayfa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Local time: 03:07 AM

My word. That might be the worst PingPlotter result I’ve ever seen! I mean that in sympathy, it must be horrible to play on.

You also have high packet loss at hops further along the chain which is suspicious (points at an overall line issue)

What results do you get if you wire directly into your modem? Are they similar. Upload your results here and we’ll take a look.

Thank you very much sir,

I removed the XR500 and connected to the ONT directly .. not so much better results, I have noticed that packet loss (red bars) occurs only when I test to multiple targets as you see in attached graph, no issues with single target. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   176.26KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   136.05KB   0 downloads

5434888.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM

If its just as bad directly connected to the ONT then I would contact your ISP and see what could be done. Possibly faulty wiring leaving your ONT 

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users