Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about Network Monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

titan

titan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 05:07 PM

I have a question I haven't been able to find an answer too in any other postings.

In the Network Monitor | Network Snapshot section, you can view the bandwidth used per second for any active device, but I'd like to change to view the bandwidth used over a longer period.    It would be much more useful to see how much bandwidth was used by any given device over a day, or a week or even a month.   

My ISP caps my bandwidth usage at 1TB per month.    I'd like to go back at the end of the month and see how much of that 1TB is being used by each device connected to my router.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 798 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ

I have a question I haven't been able to find an answer too in any other postings.

In the Network Monitor | Network Snapshot section, you can view the bandwidth used per second for any active device, but I'd like to change to view the bandwidth used over a longer period.    It would be much more useful to see how much bandwidth was used by any given device over a day, or a week or even a month.   

My ISP caps my bandwidth usage at 1TB per month.    I'd like to go back at the end of the month and see how much of that 1TB is being used by each device connected to my router.

Hi Titan - we currently do not have this feature (a long term breakdown of your data usage) but it's firmly on our development Roadmap. Great to hear you would benefit from having this.

Out of curiosity, who is your ISP? And have you ever come close to reaching the cap?

titan

titan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Out of curiosity, who is your ISP? And have you ever come close to reaching the cap?

My ISP is Cox Communications and up until recently I was only using about 300 - 400GB per month.

I invited my daughter and her husband to live with us and my usage shot over 1TB immediately.     

I've had to upgrade to the 1.5GB plan to keep from paying overages ever month.

They claim that they aren't doing anything that would consume that much bandwidth which is why I want to be able to track usage by device per month.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 798 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Thanks for the extra info, really helpful.

titan

titan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Get your developers on this ASAP.    You should ensure it's their highest priority.    :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users