Are we going to see these Wifi fixes?

We have heard lots of promises of updates for this router, fixes in the works, but we have seen VERY little.

Netduma has been great about supporting this router (when someone has an issue) and has had a great showing on both forums. Netgear, not so much. But 90%+ of the problems that existed when the router was released still exist... People still having major wifi issues (myself included) which while I recognize may not be the "top priority" of this type of router, it sure is for me! :).

Im not generally the complainy type, but I must admit this is why I usually steer away from Joint company products.

I really hope there is going to be further firmware support for this router for stability or all of its flash and extra features are a waste :(.

• Administrators

Are you referring to the disconnect issue? If so there is a potential fix firmware I can give you until the next update is released with it included. If you have and it hasn't fixed it then Netgear are investigating the issue further to see why it hasn't been fixed for everyone. I don't know dates but I suspect it's coming very soon.

Are you referring to the disconnect issue? If so there is a potential fix firmware I can give you until the next update is released with it included. If you have and it hasn't fixed it then Netgear are investigating the issue further to see why it hasn't been fixed for everyone. I don't know dates but I suspect it's coming very soon.

I believe that is the issue. I have not tried this firmware, to be honest I only saw the thread on the Netgear forum about that AFTER I posted this. I would love to try it, I asked in the thread.

• Administrators

I believe that is the issue. I have not tried this firmware, to be honest I only saw the thread on the Netgear forum about that AFTER I posted this. I would love to try it, I asked in the thread.

Sent you a PM with firmware on NG forum

Guest Killhippie

Is there a bad batch of XR500's? I ask because my wifi has never dropped, and Ethernet connections are fine. I had a Beta unit, a release unit and that was swapped for a revision three unit because of port numbering. I guess its down maybe to what people have connected. My PS4 Pro is set to be in standby mode, not off and never had any real issues apart from the XR thinking all PSN traffic makes things a console which you said is fixed in the next update. Netgear tend to release new firmware for all routers roughly at the same time which is every couple of months maybe three at tops. Hope this one whaxks stability on the head and you can get to developing R-Apps as promised along with Hybrid VPN. :)

• Administrators

This same issue happens for lots of people on the R1, will we ever see a fix for it?

They're different platforms and therefore different issues. This one is for Netgear to fix. If once DumaOS is released on the R1 WiFi issues continue we will be able to look into it further and have a fix.