Pings friend in wrong place

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Players will be more likely to be mislocated as it's harder to Geo-locate them. Add them to your allow list and won't be an issue. Also provide the ID and we can correct location in the database at a later date

• Administrators

My ID or his? I have allowed him but it won't work unless I either increase my radius to like 2k to include him in California or I turn it off so it allows people outside my radius.

When you ping them, provide the ID in that panel. Click allow and you'll be able to connect to him regardless of your Geo-Filter settings

It worked earlier without me doing anything (I always had him allowed) but he did change his to filtered instead of spectating and that's when it worked. Our ps4 coms wouldnt work until he did that. They are still super slow though, not sure if it's a router problem or a ps4 problem. We use the coms through ps4 and not the game.

• Administrators

It worked earlier without me doing anything (I always had him allowed) but he did change his to filtered instead of spectating and that's when it worked. Our ps4 coms wouldnt work until he did that. They are still super slow though, not sure if it's a router problem or a ps4 problem. We use the coms through ps4 and not the game.

It's probably best just to have one of you filtering (as you figured out) unless you both have the same filter radius selected. 

If the comms are being blocked when he is on filtering mode, it sounds like he needs to add you to his allow list too. 

As for the slowness, I would expect it's probably on the PS4 side. There's an easy way to test though, just put both of your Geo-Filters into Spectating Mode and see if that clears up any problems. If it continues, it's probably a PS4 issue (most likely with their servers).