last 2 months xr500 problems

last 2 months ive been experiancing problems with my xr500 i swear either its my provider or the xr500 or im getting ddosed or messed with my ping was lovely now its high and also jumps up high from low its just about unusable also im having dissconection t3 dissconections and weird things going on i seriously need help here kind regards greg pearce ps do i need an update ?

• Administrators

Are you talking about speed test ping or ping to the game? 

What are your QoS settings? What is your physical setup?

Are disconnections across all devices wired/wireless? 

What firmware version are you on?

ping to game it used to be low and stable now its quite erratic, firmware XR500 V2.3.2.22, most ussually ps4 wired dont seem to get disconected on pc, qos - 70/70 always,sometimes shared or not shared but i dont see much diffrerence either way, setup modem mode wired thankls for the swift responce greg ps dont know why the text has gone like this think its because i copied and pasted firmware version any hooo ...

also does mac address matter have tried router and pc dont sse much diffrence

cod or fortnite mainly, it seems be nice on fortnite but ive noticed ping spikes, cod uk server used to be low but now its an average of 25 pinging up to 30 sometimes higher,i was enjoying it about 2 months back could be my provider but i dunno disconnection on my ps4 not sure if its to do with fortnite server as i went on pin plotter and weirdly i get packet loss on the uk server

• Administrators

20-30ms is a good ping so shouldn't be experiencing any lag. Have you forced different servers to see if you get a better experience?

Run the tests from this guide and post the screenshots please: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Hi, I was wondering if on ping plotter is it okay if when i first run a test the ping spikes high at first then calms all the way down?  I'm occasionally getting a really high ping spike  with bufferbloat active, it's very stable but my ping jumps a little high

• Administrators

https://imgur.com/gallery/EVhmC32

QOS settings

80/80

Anti bufferbloat on ALWAYS

Thanks - could you redo it to a different server as it's possible that Twitter.com is the cause of the spike so would be good to compare.. Type in 8.8.8.8 as the target and run the same test again. 

• Administrators

Thanks. There's definitely some noise on your line (I'm assuming you did this test wired). I'd recommend sending these images to your ISP and ask them to resolve the line issues. Let us know how you get on!

• Administrators

Thanks - it’s not awful but it should be better. I definitely recommend contacting your ISP and see if they can improve your line quality. Let them know you did all these test via wired Ethernet.

• Administrators

No, there should be no cost. The ISP is responsible for providing you with a good line quality. When other folks on this forum have had similar problems their ISPs have usually been good at fixing them.