Duma Army - XB1 aftermarket controller advice needed

major masingil

I read a thread on here within the last year discussing alternates to the XB1 or XB Elite controllers. At the time I had a perfectly functional XB Elite.  However it was my 3rd one since they came out.  I have an ongoing issue with the left thumb drifting after a while on most all XB controllers since the 360 came out.  At 60$ it's not so bad to replace a controller, but at 150 it gets a little painful.  I also had (2) scuffs which developed the same issue.  

The thread on this forum was talking about a couple of custom controllers.  One of which was using heavy duty switches and components. It was a wired controller and it may have been a little larger than the average XB1. During this discussion, I went to the controllers website, but I never bookmarked it or wrote anything down.  I can't remember for the life of me who was making the thing now, and my recent search attempts on the forum didn't give me much luck. I'm 90% sure the discussion was not about Razers because I went to their website, and they didn't mention the heavy duty components.

I'd like to draw some knowledge from the Duma Army.  Can anyone recommend a wired controller with the additional 4 mappable buttons on the back side of the controller?  I want the same abilities as an Elite controller, just not the same ones I have to keep replacing a month after the warranty expires.  I'll probably end up ruining this type too, but I'd like to see what else is out there because I've given Microsoft enough of my dollars for controllers.

I appreciate the help.

I can not comment on other makes, when I have read reviews they always have too many negatives so I have a scuf elite the best of both worlds for me the elite build with the scuff paddle layout.

Yeah its my third elite as they do end up drifting.

I can not comment on other makes, when I have read reviews they always have too many negatives so I have a scuf elite the best of both worlds for me the elite build with the scuff paddle layout.

Yeah its my third elite as they do end up drifting.

It's funny you mention the scuff elite.  You're so right, the scuff paddles are better than the elite's.  Since I have been examining this question my eyes have been drifting towards scuff again