trouble hosting

Urge

I've noticed over the past 2 days that when my friend, whom lives 20 min away, get's host; it kicks me out of the lobby.  I gave him 100% perfered host rating as well and slid the green bar for him.  And then today I got host twice, but the lobby didn't come with me at all.  Won by forfeit twice since the game didn't pull anyone in.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Okay a few things: 

Whats both your NAT types?

How small is your Geo-filter?

Again, how small was your Geo-filter when you got host? 

Have you seen any things getting blocked when youve been kicked either times?

Nat types were open

Geo-filter was just set at 370 at the moment i had host.  It's a little small but covers my entire state and branches off into the neighboring states.  I do expand it at times when my time zone may not be optimal, but this is usually a pretty good time for the zone im' in

Guest Netduma Fraser

Nat types were open

Geo-filter was just set at 370 at the moment i had host.  It's a little small but covers my entire state and branches off into the neighboring states.  I do expand it at times when my time zone may not be optimal, but this is usually a pretty good time for the zone im' in

Can you tell me what version of the router firmware you are on? It may be a case that some matchmaking servers are being blocked. If this is the case we have an ongoing fix which should help :)

Version 1.02.2  

That could be the issue. I talked to Ian a little this morning about joining rooms and repeatedly getting kicked this morning, and he mentioned a patch out in a few days.  Wasn't thinking that the same issue could be doing this as well, when originally posted.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Version 1.02.2  

That could be the issue. I talked to Ian a little this morning about joining rooms and repeatedly getting kicked this morning, and he mentioned a patch out in a few days.  Wasn't thinking that the same issue could be doing this as well, when originally posted.

Okay yes, in the later versions this issue is being improved and benefits from whitelist updates every 4 hours. You can either wait for the new patch that will be available soon or I can PM you instructions on how to upgrade to a more recent version if your gaming experience is suffering because of this.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I was going to wait on the patch. But it's been a little rough today.  If you didn't mind PM'ing me instructions, I would appreciate it.  And thank you :)

Will PM you now. You're very welcome. 

Yes, i completely agree with that. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what is going on at this exact moment with all of the DDOS'ing of microsoft; and even Call of Duty's servers are running at defcom 4 after Christmas.  Anything less than defcom 5 can give many issues.  

Very anxious for everything to be working properly again.  My 1st day of Netduma was like magic.  A friend asked how the router was and the best description i could give was that I'd make love to it if possible.  That may be an extreme example.  But when everything is working again, this will be great.

Archived