Network monitor

EddySpaghetti

• Netduma Staff

Why is this my network monitor If I’m playing battlefield at 100/10

Welcome to the forum! It doesn't look like your screenshot has worked (if there was one). I'd recommend uploading it to a site like imgur and posting it that way :)

• 2 weeks later...

That is all the bandwidth required by the game. Online gaming sends only small packets of data back and forth. What matters more is ping (and ping stability)

The graphs look like you have a quiet network too

• Netduma Staff

https://gyazo.com/6f1aa5a616a7948f712f1b58bb628995I have 100/10 but I’m only getting kbits

Give these settings a go and see how you get on:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Dan is correct above - games use

• 2 weeks later...

Ping is to the server you have chosen.make sure geo filter is off for battlefield.

It's unlikely your hardware.

Bring up the performance stats in the game menu, you can monitor them whilst playing. Is your ping regardless of value stable. Keep an eye on the offset stat.ignore stats whilst loading but monitor once all players in game started.

First step in battlefield is to hop like a hobo frog from server to server until you find a tolerable game.

52ms isn't terrible. You don't want to be the lowest ping in the lobby either. The menu board shows all pings so see how many players are in the 100s as that has an impact.

• Netduma Staff

I’m now getting 52 pings when I’m usually at 28. I factory rest both r1 and modem. How do I fix this

The advice from Dan above is great.

Is this your ping to the game (using the Ping graph) or your ping shown by a speed test / Internet Diagnostics test?

Your ping shown by a Netduma Internet Diagnostics test is your 'Base Ping'. Could you run one of those tests (on the Netduma interface) and tell us what your base ping is?

After telling us your base ping, please let us know your in-game ping. To do this, enable 'Auto Ping Host' and join a game. The ping graph below will tell you your game ping. Thanks!