Having problems with street fighter 5 AE with netduma R1

I'm not sure on the SFV testing, I'll have to ask Fraser when he's back in the office.

I believe Host Analysis was removed since it was inaccurate and rarely used. In fact, I think you're the first person I've seen in my 2.5 years of working here who has mentioned it being useful, believe it or not!

Don't worry about quantity of features. We built DumaOS specifically to be the foundation for a quantity of features never before seen on routers. DumaOS allows for the installing / uninstalling or Router 'Apps', which is something no router has done before. This means we can upgrade it so easily and frequently that it'll make your head spin, but we're not at the upgrading stage just yet.

What would be the most useful thing for you in SFV? If there's anything you'd like to see let us know and we'll add it to our roadmap!

If it was inaccurate I can see why it was rarely used or seen as useful, but when it is accurate it is very useful. Seeing the ping is just one part of the equation to determine if a match is going to play well. Jitter is a quick way to identify a wifi user as their jitter is worse and packet loss was a quick way to tell if someone had bad line quality. I'm currently having to use just the ping that has no adjustments to try and determine these things on the fly which would be easier if I could analyze a 5 minute chart after my match for example.

The most useful thing for SFV would be an accurate geo filter (it shows the wrong location a lot currently) with proper locations of worldwide servers. Next would be a ping bar similar to what we have now, but that you could adjust the graph/time on. Currently you can only see 10 seconds of the graph and the current range it's in. This makes it difficult to determine the connection over a match which helps you weed out which players you want to block because they have bad connections due to wifi or poor line quality. Being able to change the time line to 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes etc would be helpful. Also adding an indicator of jitter/pocket loss would be helpful in determining this easier. Something as simple as Jitter: Xms and Pocket Loss: X with X being the avg ms in time and the amount of packets dropped since pinging the player. If I see 15ms and 20 packets dropped I'm going to black list that person, because even if the ping is 9ms that match is going to be absolutely terrible to play. SFV uses a rollback netcode with a time synced clock to compensate for latency. Jitter is the biggest problem in these types of games.

It would also be helpful for users if there was an analysis tool that notified you if a connection was being blocked. This wouldn't be something that was on all the time, but you could check it as a test to see if your ports were opening correctly or blocking players when searching for games. The biggest problem I'm seeing with setups is people not having their nat setup right or certain ports just being blocked in general so a match cannot take place. I mean currently in my logs it's saying I'm being DoS attacked by microsoft and valve servers which shouldn't be happening.

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 40.97.136.229, port 9757, Tuesday, August 28, 2018 09:38:05
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 162.254.195.44, port 443, Tuesday, August 28, 2018 09:19:10

Having an analysis tool that told me this and then helped adjust my settings to allow those ports to open would be extremely helpful for people who don't understand how networking works. These are the kinds of things I'd like to see streamlined.  

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

Just bought a Netduma for SFV myself too.

Set it up and appears geolocation/ping assist set to any reasonable values just mean I do not get any games in SFV ranked.

It would be a shame to have to return the product as it does not do what it says on the tin (why I bought it).

Have there been any updates on support for SFV? Using a PS4 FYI. Also haven't had an email with the 'new' Netduma OS yet, if that is any relevance...

• Administrators
7 hours ago, thomsonfrase said:

Hi, 

Just bought a Netduma for SFV myself too.

Set it up and appears geolocation/ping assist set to any reasonable values just mean I do not get any games in SFV ranked.

It would be a shame to have to return the product as it does not do what it says on the tin (why I bought it).

Have there been any updates on support for SFV? Using a PS4 FYI. Also haven't had an email with the 'new' Netduma OS yet, if that is any relevance...

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you screenshot what your Geo-Filter looks like when you're searching please? What are your current Geo-Filter settings?

Did you apply for DumaOS here?: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

@thomsonfrase It is definitely misleading that they said SFV is a supported game for Netduma when it technically doesn't support all of the features, however you can still use it to filter out better matches using the geo filter. It just requires you have a PC and monitor or your phone right next to you while you queue up for matches. Just in case you didn't read my earlier post here is how I got it to work:

In the Geo Filter for PS4 add device and select PS4. For your PC go to device manager and change it to xbox, then go back to geo filter and add device and select your PC and it will add it as a console. This is the only way I could get it show who it was pinging on the PC through Steam. After that change the geo filter settings to filtering mode, turn off strict mode and auto ping host (essentially you are disabling it).  Then set your fight request to 5 bars only and ask. Then on the geo filter you can set a radius if you want (just for visual purposes), but realize doing this will auto block people outside of it forcing the SFV servers to become the middle man (the 3 dots will show) resulting an unplayable match if you except it, so I usually don't put a range on at all and just visually confirm by manually selecting the player on the geo filter to ping them. In most cases you can accept matches that are about 1000 miles away or 75 ms of ping before the game just becomes unreliable visually. The person you are matching up with will become the larger icon on the map, so when you hear another fight is coming your way you can use that time to click them to see if their ping is stable and to accept it or not.

Keep in mind the majority of issues I'm finding with SFV is not distance. It's peoples hardware. I can play someone with 20ms ping and it still plays like crap because they are on wifi causing random 100+ms ping spikes or their PC or PS4 is dropping frames causing visually skipping on your side as you wait for their delayed input. For the record the people who are lagging to you have their game sped up compared to you so there isn't one sided rollback giving you a slight advantage visually, but if they are dropping frames the opposite happens and you are at a slight disadvantage visually  (meaning you see their commands later and see more skipped animations). 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Can reproduce the issue you were having. Have identified a few servers that need whitelisting, will need to do a bit more testing on it but believe once we've got all the servers whitelisted you'll be able to Geo-Filter correctly

Hey Fraser did you ever finish this testing? We never did hear back from you on this.

• Administrators

I believe I was in the middle of it and found I was able to filter some games, I don't think I was using your method at the time but I've since moved on from testing games so perhaps @Netduma Joseph could retest to see if there are some improvements that could be made.