XR500 not stopping high base ping?.

After testing the XR500, its clear it doesnt really change much, as there is still is lag, like shots not registering/dropping.

As during the testing I noticed the ping would balance out as per your guide, http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Yet at times it would just then suddenly spike, at one point I was streaming netflix, youtube, downloading a 9gb file surfing web & facebook, twitter and everything seemed good (see pics bbc.co.uk2b & bbc.co.uk2c)

As you can see from the videos (fortnite) that it seemed all good for a while then towards the end of a match it spiked hard.

I dont think this is down to the XR500, I do feel the unreal 4 engine has big issues at syncing and maintain a good ping during certain moments, Yet on the COD front the Ping was levelled out (some ping spikes) but nothing like fortnite, yes .

I did use the profiles for fortnite.

So with this in mind I test gears of war... (will upload videos if you want to see them) all i can say is, to me its clear the unreal 4 engine has some issues when it comes to either high ping players desyncing the server during gameplay so shots dont reg or it can not balance out a good base ping like Call of duty can?

EDIT - I just realised, is it ok to post poics with my IP on it?

Call of duty Black ops 3

https://youtu.be/rCwB2iP3ZYI

Fortnite - MP

https://youtu.be/_BYawZQpBOQ

Call of duty Black ops 3

https://youtu.be/mKlfojvqdhE

I am not being negative, I am just intrigued more than anything, is their any advice on what to try to level out the base ping while playing fortnite?

• Administrators

Hi Scion - it’s best to not to post images with your public IP just in case.

The videos are unavailable so I can’t see the ping graphs. But could you take an image of the ping graph on Fortnite the next time it spikes?

The Fortnite servers are generally good because they use AWS (Amazon) servers. But it’s a known issue in the game, including in PUBG, that it can be laggy when there’s a high concentration of players all in one place.

Are the spikes mostly happening at this time for you?

Hi Scion - it’s best to not to post images with your public IP just in case.

The videos are unavailable so I can’t see the ping graphs. But could you take an image of the ping graph on Fortnite the next time it spikes?

The Fortnite servers are generally good because they use AWS (Amazon) servers. But it’s a known issue in the game, including in PUBG, that it can be laggy when there’s a high concentration of players all in one place.

Are the spikes mostly happening at this time for you?

Yes it is mate, the ping goes up during battles and it seems to sync when some of us get in a certain rrange of each other.

I made the videos unavailable as they topo had a public ip on them , but i can share them with you directly if you have an email address to send them to for you to view?

• Administrators

A few things:

The XR500 - Hub ping is fine sub 2ms at all times. What happens once your packets have left your home seems to be the issue. Do just as many tests direct from the hub.

It's not a good test to show your lag in Fortnite. Fornite will be prioritized and therefore your PingPlotter ping will not be important and therefore subject to queuing hence spikes.

Videos didn't work

What focus time did you use for PingPlotter?

What do you mean on the pictures without dumaos, you're still testing connected from the XR500 in them.

What is your Geo-Filter ping when in a game?

What are your QoS Settings?

A few things:

The XR500 - Hub ping is fine sub 2ms at all times. What happens once your packets have left your home seems to be the issue. Do just as many tests direct from the hub.

It's not a good test to show your lag in Fortnite. Fornite will be prioritized and therefore your PingPlotter ping will not be important and therefore subject to queuing hence spikes.

Videos didn't work

What focus time did you use for PingPlotter?

What do you mean on the pictures without dumaos, you're still testing connected from the XR500 in them.

What is your Geo-Filter ping when in a game?

What are your QoS Settings?

When its without DumaOS I mean its with it not put at 70/70 on the anti buffer bloat

Also the videos take a while once ive shared them with you, so try again.

It does seems even with the settings set as per your guide, there is still lag from together players which really doesnt anything for a player who has a XR500.

Didn't see if you were using Traffic Prioritization but I didn't see anything wrong with the Fortnite clips you had, can anyone else take a look who plays Fortnite regularly please

I was mate, as you can see - It feels though as shot are either not reg or being dropped when playing.

post-10580-0-56836800-1532552073_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It looks fine to me thats why I want others opinions. Whats the Geo-Filter ping say you have?

Remove manual rules just have DumaOS Classified Games enabled. 

Can you recommend any live streaming settings for the netduma. Maybe then I can set it up for you ro watch and see if I am doing anything wrong.