Netduma R1: PUBG Xbox Servers, Eng vs Eire Test

Hi,

I run my Xbox through my R1 and was hoping to test if there was any measurable advantage to connecting to the PUBG servers located in England or Ireland. I live closer to the English servers.

As you can see from the screen shot, it appears that I am connected to the Irish Servers (the big icon) rather than the English ones, despite running in strict mode.

I was wondering if you could clear up a couple of questions.

1) Am I actually connected to the server with the largest Icon? (I think I am because if I "Temp Ban" the server I get disconnected.)

2) Why doesn't the screen show the icon for "out of filter range host" on the Irish servers?

3) Why does the Irish Server have the "Always Allow Host" Icon?

4) How do I make sure I'm only ever connecting to the English Servers?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Cheers, Rob.

post-5796-0-48877100-1532079928_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Hi,

I run my Xbox through my R1 and was hoping to test if there was any measurable advantage to connecting to the PUBG servers located in England or Ireland. I live closer to the English servers.

As you can see from the screen shot, it appears that I am connected to the Irish Servers (the big icon) rather than the English ones, despite running in strict mode.

I was wondering if you could clear up a couple of questions.

1) Am I actually connected to the server with the largest Icon? (I think I am because if I "Temp Ban" the server I get disconnected.)

2) Why doesn't the screen show the icon for "out of filter range host" on the Irish servers?

3) Why does the Irish Server have the "Always Allow Host" Icon?

4) How do I make sure I'm only ever connecting to the English Servers?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

So first of all, the icon you're seeing there for the Irish server is the Ping Assist icon. (Note the dashed outline). You need to set Ping Assist to 0ms to prevent connections to servers outside your radius.

If Strict Mode is enabled and Ping Assist is at 0ms, it should be impossible to connect to hosts outside your radius no matter what. I hope this helps!