Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lights are on, but no connection

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Local time: 07:08 PM
My internet light is on, and my Ethernet lights are on, but I have no internet and my laptop will
acknowledge the Ethernet connection, but won't connect to the router. Could my router possibly have bad ports?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts
  • Local time: 01:08 AM

I think probably the first step here is see if you can gain access to the interface through the LAN IP (default 192.168.1.1). If so then run through the setup wizard to try and regain an internet connection. If not then a factory reset should be done by holding in the reset button for 20-30 seconds

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
It wouldn't let me access the interface until I rebooted the power to the router. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now, I have done a factory reset twice during this time. I'm just unsure if for some reasons my xr500 ports went bad or if this correlates to the latest firmware update?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

I've sent you a PM please see if that firmware resolves the issue

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Will do. Thanks.

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 08:08 PM

Did the FW fix your issue?

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
So I'm on day 2 of using the firmware sent to me, and I'm having the same issue. The router just will not acknowledge anything thru Ethernet until I turn it off and back on again, even tho all of the appropriate indicator lights are on.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

So I'm on day 2 of using the firmware sent to me, and I'm having the same issue. The router just will not acknowledge anything thru Ethernet until I turn it off and back on again, even tho all of the appropriate indicator lights are on.

Disable instant on and automatic upgrades on the console, that should resolve it

Time Converter

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Yep I did. Still getting the issue.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,136 posts

Set static IPs for your ethernet devices and see if that resolves it

Time Converter

demonchine

demonchine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
A habit I developed from other routers was to dmz my ps4, then port forward my Xbox, so I already had static IPs assigned. But now I've reverted back to the latest default firmware (ver. 22) & I'm on day 2 of the xr500 working as it should. Maybe the reverting to the firmware you sent, then updating to current fixed it.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 798 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Ok, thanks for the update. Hopefully it's resolved now but obviously let us know if you have any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users