XR500 Random quick disconnects

For the last 2-3 weeks been having issue my XR500 having connection drops. I mainly noticed when play WoW. After contacting Blizzard and spending awhile with them we came to the conclusion that it was the router after looking winMTR logs between this router and my old FiOS Quantum router. Blizzard said I was having a lot more packet loss with the XR500 then Quantum I have no issues with my Quantum router but when using the XR500 I kept getting disconnected from WoW. I decided to do a factory reset which seemed to fix me disconnects with WoW but seems to be loading slower then the Quantum also I'm seeing random disconnects from Steam every 30-60 minutes that only last a couple of seconds. Any help would be appreciated. I'm on the V2.3.2.22 firmware. 

Thanks for the reply Fraser,

I mainly just use my desktop that's hard wired so I'm not sure about other devices. And yes it always reconnects like 2 seconds later. Also the reconnect is so quick that it doesn't disrupt anything.

I've sent you a PM with firmware, please see if this resolves your issue

Hi Frasier

Could you send me the firmware update as well. I am also experiencing the exact same issue on wired connection to my PC where the connection drops out every few hours. I'm on the V2.3.2.22 firmware. 

Is Netgear aware of this issue and if so when do we expect a official FW release to be pushed out to address this issue?

• Administrators

Hi Frasier

Could you send me the firmware update as well. I am also experiencing the exact same issue on wired connection to my PC where the connection drops out every few hours. I'm on the V2.3.2.22 firmware. 

Is Netgear aware of this issue and if so when do we expect a official FW release to be pushed out to address this issue?

Sent a PM with the firmware.

Yes they are, the fix I'm giving will be in the next firmware. It hasn't fixed it for everyone so they're investigating further to fix it for those few.