xr500 odd problems/stability

• Netduma Staff

How are you testing your bufferbloat? The best way to test your line is through Pingplotter. DSLreports can give false readings and have other browser-related issues.

Let us know your Pingplotter results (post a screenshot) in another forum thread. Do not post on this thread as it belongs to someone else with a different issue. We'll advise you further on your thread :)

Guest Killhippie

Have to say I'm not seeing that, then again my Bufferbloat is great without QoS/Antibufferbloat on all the time. The router can only do so much, your ISP has a big hand in bufferbloat too. I don't know where in the world you are what type your connection is (FTTC FTTP asymmetrical/Symmetrical etc)  How are you testing the bufferbloat? Also you should be able to sort this out via the GUI without having to 'reset' Can you define reset is that just rebooting or are you literally factory resetting ever few days? If that latter I would suggest contacting Netgear as you could (not saying you have)  possibly have have a hardware issue. If you are just rebooting your router, download the latest update, go have a cuppa even after it says its finished to be sure, then factory reset via the hardware button on the back, hold for 20 seconds which should be fine and set up again without using a backup.

*Edit Jack beat me to it :)