Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VPN and traffic prioritisation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Argonaut

Argonaut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 AM

Hi there,

I've been using VPN on and off to help stabilise my ping since I got my XR500. It works pretty well, and gives me a ping in the sweet spot of 40-60ms.

Pre the latest update (v2.3.2.22) I thought traffic prioritisation worked with VPN? Currently, it doesn't seem to. Anyone know for sure if it should?

Also DumaOS doesn't seem to log any packets under traffic prioritisation while VPN is active either - is that normal?

It's a shame because, I still want the traffic to work if I'm using the VPN - my family still has a podcast and youtube habit - regardless of VPN or not!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jason

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,848 posts

Hi Jason, you're correct Traffic Prioritization doesn't work correctly when the VPN is enabled. It does with VPN Hybrid, we're pushing Netgear to get it released or at least allow us to provide a beta of it as its pretty much done on our part now.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Argonaut

Argonaut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess that it didn't work in the previous firmware either then?

Still, VPN Hybrid sounds promising, looking forward to seeing it released!

Thanks again for your reply,

Jason

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,848 posts

No it wouldn't have worked in previous firmware with VPN enabled

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users