How do I disable WPS on XR500 router?

• 1 month later...

Just like the title says, how do I disable WPS via the Duma OS on this Nighthawk XR500 wifi router?

View the full article

Did you figure out how to disable WPS?   The link states to enable "Smart Connect".  It appears to be enabled on my router but the WPS button is also lit up and the WPS settings page seems to not show it disabled.

• Administrators

Did you figure out how to disable WPS?   The link states to enable "Smart Connect".  It appears to be enabled on my router but the WPS button is also lit up and the WPS settings page seems to not show it disabled.

Apologies, this is not really in our knowledge set as WiFi settings are all handled by NETGEAR. You could try posting on their forum again to see if someone in the know replies.

It's a long shot, but perhaps toggling smart connect off and then back on again might disable it, but I can't see why it would as that would surely be a bug.

• Netduma Staff

If someone had got into my WiFi network using this method before I disable it, can they still access my WiFi? I mean like, did they already find out my password anyway?

I'm guessing yes, but I really have no idea. I should think if someone has accessed your WiFi once, the password will be saved on their device as usual. If you suspect someone of accessing your WiFi without your permission I'd just change the WiFi password.

If you need a specific answer on this please contact Netgear, as we didn't design the WiFi / WPS settings.