Saving settings on Netduma R1

Infoseye

Hi everyone, I noticed anytime I turn off the netduma when I'm away at uni it looses its settings. I have to make adjustment like profile load, congestion control, rename my devices connected to the netduma.

Is there away to save this settings? I turn off the netduma because I'm not at home I feel save that all electronics are turned off and yes I live alone.

Also is there a guide on how to find and save dedicated servers that are close to me?

Hi everyone, I noticed anytime I turn off the netduma when I'm away at uni it looses its settings. I have to make adjustment like profile load, congestion control, rename my devices connected to the netduma.

Is there away to save this settings? I turn off the netduma because I'm not at home I feel save that all electronics are turned off and yes I live alone.

Also is there a guide on how to find and save dedicated servers that are close to me?

Use the reboot button in misc settings, when it reboots it saves the settings... Then you can safely unplug and it should remember them the next time you power it on :)

Use the reboot button in misc settings, when it reboots it saves the settings... Then you can safely unplug and it should remember them the next time you power it on :)

Thanks any tips on finding Dormant Servers close to me I could get a smoothed connection, my current setting are okay but just want to make most out of the Netduma.

• Administrators

Thanks any tips on finding Dormant Servers close to me I could get a smoothed connection, my current setting are okay but just want to make most out of the Netduma.

Depends what game you're playing, move your home location around and see what other servers you may be able to force in your region

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip, connected to the nearest server. I got one more question, if I was to move my home location to the US and set it to be my home location. Does it really mean I get to play against other gamers in the states? Or do I need to add any servers available in that area to my allow/deny list?

I want to know if its really possible to change home location to play with other players in another country. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the tip, connected to the nearest server. I got one more question, if I was to move my home location to the US and set it to be my home location. Does it really mean I get to play against other gamers in the states? Or do I need to add any servers available in that area to my allow/deny list?

I want to know if its really possible to change home location to play with other players in another country. Thanks.

It's possible depending on how the game you're playing handles it. Some games don't allow you to force a connection in another region (so they're 'region-locked').

You should feel free to play around though, that's half the fun! Make sure if you try to force a server in another country that you shut down your console until the Geo-Filter map is completely clear. Then move your home location and boot up the console again. (Don't just switch your home location on the fly). Also ensure Strict Mode is on and Ping Assist is at 0ms!

• Netduma Staff

Thanks it worked, is there a way I can edit servers I added to my Allow list? All I see is green dot.

It's really difficult with that firmware - Allow & Deny is one of the main things we wanted to overhaul in DumaOS. When you get DumaOS you'll just have a nice table of hosts and be able to edit them a lot easier. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great! Not sure how long the DumaOS is going to be available for R1 Router, not every can afford the almighty new router. Oh well I just leave it till it becomes available.

• Netduma Staff

Great! Not sure how long the DumaOS is going to be available for R1 Router, not every can afford the almighty new router. Oh well I just leave it till it becomes available.

Aye you're not wrong - the XR500 is expensive! Sorry for the delays on DumaOS, it'll be out pretty soon though. I hope you enjoy it when the time comes :D