Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No internet through router

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 PM

My router is not picking up the internet. I have rebooted my ISP router and the netduma numerous times. I swapped the CAT5 cable between the two still nothing. 

When I reboot the netduma sometimes I will have no lights, sometimes I will have just the port 1 activity light other times I will only have the wifi light. 

Not sure what is going on. Tried a factory reset and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 PM

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you have the R1 or the XR500?

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you have the R1 or the XR500?

I have the R1. 

I also tried a DLink modem I had and still no internet, however, I Can get online with my ISP and DLink Modems. 

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

I am also not getting a WAN IP when using either modem. 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,766 posts

I am also not getting a WAN IP when using either modem. 

Welcome to the forum! The first thing I'd recommend is switching out the cable between your Netduma and the modem. The cable could be faulty and causing the issue.

Do you require PPPoE on your connection? If so you'd have to input your details on the WAN settings page on the Netduma.

Can you access the R1 interface? Do you see the R1 SSiD (network) and can you access the Internet on wired devices, or is this just wireless? Thanks!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Welcome to the forum! The first thing I'd recommend is switching out the cable between your Netduma and the modem. The cable could be faulty and causing the issue.

Do you require PPPoE on your connection? If so you'd have to input your details on the WAN settings page on the Netduma.

Can you access the R1 interface? Do you see the R1 SSiD (network) and can you access the Internet on wired devices, or is this just wireless? Thanks!

I switched the cable no help. 

I do not have my ISP router in bridge modem because I factory reset it too so no PPPoE required right now. No traffic lights on the R1 side but there are traffic lights on my ISP Router/Modem.

I can get to the  R1 Interface no internet wired or wireless. 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 720 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Have you factory reset the R1 yet? If not, please could you. Go to 'Settings' then 'Miscellaneous'. This should will fix any issue on the software side.

After resetting the WiFI password will default to 'netdumar1'.

Thanks.

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Yup did a factory reset still nothing

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,853 posts

Do you know if your ISP allows 3rd party routers? If not then I'd look up your specific model to see if theres a workaround

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Do you know if your ISP allows 3rd party routers? If not then I'd look up your specific model to see if theres a workaround

It has been working for 6 months it just stopped working the other night. When I woke up no internet. 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,766 posts

I'd recommend a hard reset. To do this, switch off the modem and Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then switch on your Modem. Wait another minute then switch on your Netduma. You may have to perform this step multiple times - this can restore communication between the Modem and the Netduma since that is likely where the issue lies.

Just to clarify, you do receive Internet access (wired and wireless) through your Modem?

Run an IPconfig on a wired PC and post the results here. To do this, open Command Prompt (on a Windows PC) and type 'ipconfig' before hitting 'enter'.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

duqjeep2010

duqjeep2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

I have done several hard resets and even switched modems. Both modems provide internet access wired and wireless. 

36865687_10212147975681518_7626959776995

I'd recommend a hard reset. To do this, switch off the modem and Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then switch on your Modem. Wait another minute then switch on your Netduma. You may have to perform this step multiple times - this can restore communication between the Modem and the Netduma since that is likely where the issue lies.

Just to clarify, you do receive Internet access (wired and wireless) through your Modem?

Run an IPconfig on a wired PC and post the results here. To do this, open Command Prompt (on a Windows PC) and type 'ipconfig' before hitting 'enter'.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,766 posts

I've replied to your email and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users