Need help setting up tv internet with router

Hello my ISP is bell fibe and i was wondering if i can setup my vap2500(TV) to work on the xr500. Right now the tv will only work if it is plugged into the Homehub2000(modem/router) lan port but if i try to connect it to the xr500 it will not work at all. When the family watches Netflix or use internet on the tv it starts to lag because it is not behind the xr500.

• Administrators

In this situation its most likely that it needs to be connected to the ISP hub, if you can look up more details about how they connect to each other then it may be possible for the XR500 to work with it. Did you try with the homehub in modem mode?

I looked it up and found out it was possible to do so, it is just that I had no idea what they did, what they were talking about and the guide was for a different router lol. Something about the internet and TV being separate, something about vlan. I'm sorry it was just confusing for me I'll look into this modem mode you are talking about.

Thank you for the quick response, I lost the link to the guide because I was trying to look up on how to do it yesterday. I found this instead and I do hope it helps

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/192-bell-aliant-home-phone-internet-iptv/134496-some-tidbits-fibreop-infrastructure.html#/topics/134496