THINKING ABOUT SELLING IDK:(

Jettman

Hey guys so i've been with netduma since the early adaptor. i really have loved the product but it seems to be going downhill for me. so i recently got the xr500 about 3months ago. at the start it was going perfect, i was winning most of my gunfights on black ops 3 overall with like a 4kd. for the last like month and a half i just cant find the right settings and alot of you know how frustrating it is  when u try and find the best setting for yourself and you just cant.  nothing seems to work. my hit detection is off, im dying so quick and i've tried every setting possible with the cc sliders. im getting to the point of thinking about  packing it up and selling it cause i see no hope. i just dont know why when i find one decent setting it goes away. i don't know if it could be the other modem/router that its connected because that maybe causing something not to get the fullest out of the xr500. its connected to an d7000 Netgear nighthawk modem/router and that has the wifi turned off upnp off, qos turned off and dmz is set to my xr500. my home ping is roughly 11ms and the servers i connected to on bo3 in AUS  is 21-22 ms and my line is perfectly fine. i really just don't know what the solution is. you guys could take a look and maybe theres something im missing but idk if i can go on with this frustration trying to figure out the perfect setting. hope you guys can really help me :) i also have 95down 35up roughly

• Netduma Staff

So your ping to the game is 22ms and your base ping is 11ms? It sounds like you've got a great connection. What do the results of a PingPlotter test show? Are you getting spikes etc?

It could be a few things, though I'd put most of this down to bad net code on CoD's part. It could be that the AUS servers are within the same player region as some asian countries or elsewhere, causing high-ping players to connect to that server and bring the connection down.

What settings are you currently using? It's possible that you could find better settings though this could just be the game itself if you're struggling to find the right settings.

Hey jack! I’m not getting any spikes on ping plotter and I don’t think it’s the games net code. Could you maybe take a look and see if everything is set up to perfection

Nah bro he’s right , plus I go through the same thing , at the end of the day if you get a couple people in your game with bad connection it will most likely cause a shit show for us guys with excellent connection..don’t second guess yourself, your obviously good just happen to be in a bad lobby, ex. Aim assist not sticking, bullets not registering etc..

• Netduma Staff

Hey jack! I’m not getting any spikes on ping plotter and I don’t think it’s the games net code. Could you maybe take a look and see if everything is set up to perfection

It's more than likely to be the servers themselves connecting players far away to your location - this is a known phenomenon with Australian servers and east Asian servers since the player base is so much smaller. You can always block hosts that don't have a stable connection, but for the most part it's going to be other players with wildly varying pings causing the hit detection to be less ideal.

• Netduma Staff

Maybe just throttle the crap out it. I went 15% down / up on my R1 congestion control and am now mysteriously melting in WWII. Maybe lag compensation?? Who knows but I'm not questioning it.

Throttling is an interesting one - it helps some people massively and some not at all. I'm glad it's working for you though!

I don't pay much attention to ping tests anymore. I get a flat 7ms (average under 0.2ms jitter) on the diagnostic test, and the same to my local UK server with no packet loss, and I find a game where bullets reg faster than 200ms maybe one in every 100 games on the same server. It happened again this week - I had around 16 games with nothing but lag, and then late joined one lobby and had 60 seconds of normal, before it went right back to shite again. Pings are TCP/IP which doesn't mean a lot if your ISP isn't managing/prioritising UDP traffic, so you could end up lagging in a game and never seeing a different ping to the server.

That or your ISP has downstream issues so your version of the game is delayed, but your upstream is on point so people can see you in time while you're playing catch up. Hence feeling behind the action, even if you're on a "low ping" with a monitor like me. In fact I had less BS playing Ghosts on a TV with a crap connection. It's kinda sad when you don't even need quickdraw playing on a TV but with a monitor that has just 1.6ms input lag you get shotgunned to death before you even see it LMAO

I wish there was a way to monitor UDP latency/jitter/packet loss. My games/hit detection/time to react are generally woeful.

Edit: actually I've been running a net analysis app this week. If I leave my sliders at 100% on the R1, I see roughly 300ms upload buffering but negligible downstream. If I move my sliders to 80% or lower, the downstream starts buffering, even though PingPlotter or DSLReports will show the buffering is suppressed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm UK also 65/15 6ms.

Finally put WW2 under coffee table leg when they introduced that poxy Tesla. Lost all my hair to lobby inconsistency. Went back to BO3 which was peachy until the last week or so.

Now I have exactly what IIIRL describes. Permanently behind action. By the time people are on my screen they have ADS and popped the first cap. Throttling not fixing it.

There have been a couple of game updates which might have contributed but also game free on PlayStation plus so maybe a swarm of new/returning players is swamping lobbies with poorer connections.

BO3 Hit detection always crispy. I can actually play as low as 1% on the upload. Most annoying part is the dialogue boxes on the R1.

Really hope you dump these for DumaOS.

I'm UK also 65/15 6ms.

Finally put WW2 under coffee table leg when they introduced that poxy Tesla. Lost all my hair to lobby inconsistency. Went back to BO3 which was peachy until the last week or so.

Now I have exactly what IIIRL describes. Permanently behind action. By the time people are on my screen they have ADS and popped the first cap.

I snapped tonight and decided to see if there was a way to figure out what was causing the games on these "low pings" to feel like dogshit. I bridged my R1 connection through my PC to my PS4 and found a game on the UK server at 7ms. I then captured packets from the PS4 with Wireshark, filtered the traffic type to display UDP only, and then sorted the packets by IP so I could see communication from my PS4 to the IW server in chronological order, allowing me to check the difference between the timestamps. From me to server it was usually between 12-18ms, although there were a couple of packets here and there sent less than a millisecond apart :s from the server to me, here's where it got funny - there would be between 45-80ms delays. That confirms the obnoxious bullshit of being behind the action, as when my upload is on point people will see my position sooner, but because I'm not being updated as fast from the server I don't see people where they really are. So when Timmy No Thumbs on his 50ms input lag TV and WiFi with windmill aim seems to shotgun me to death with NV4 hipfire, and I can only fire two shots from a faster firing weapon in that time despite firing first, it's clearly not "7ms" at all. Out of 7846 packets captured from that session, there was 0.0% packet loss, so that isn't a factor. It also explains why I never get connection icons in game, unlike all of those con artist potato connection unkillable terminators :)

I repeated it again. Found a lobby, checked the geofilter (which was setup for my laptop lol), saw the server was in Germany (21ms on the R1), googled the IP from Wireshark and confirmed it was a German IW Choopa server, then captured a full game and saved it. I sorted everything as before and saw anywhere from 4-20ms on upstream, and anywhere from 0.218ms to 2.2 SECONDS on downstream. That's right... 2200 milliseconds. Again, no packet loss, so that's not responsible for the delays. Also the update rates are 100Hz (10ms) from player to server and 20Hz (50ms) from server to player in IW, so that doesn't explain the large delays seen between timestamps with packets going over UDP 3074 to whatever the server uses (40040 in my case) and back again, because there were delays lower and far higher than 10ms on the upstream, and delays lower and far higher than 50ms on the downstream.

Tl;dr - geofilter (or ping command prompt/pingtest/PingPlotter) latency is bollocks because it's ICMP (TCP/IP). I've had maybe five games in 2500+ on 7ms that felt like it LMFAO. Happy days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh I should add I was running the usual 70/70 sliders and the PS4 was in hyper lane as always, so it wasn't just randomly jittery. I had the geofilter ping going at exactly the same time through and it was flat 7ms on the UK server, and 21ms on the German server. Even using the command prompt ping -f -l 1464 for the biggest and slowest sending packets possible didn't give me anywhere near those delays (in fact it's usually just a millisecond or two more than normal pings), yet it takes me 80ms to receive a 200 byte packet from a CoD server 40 miles away? Hilarious

I snapped tonight and decided to see if there was a way to figure out what was causing the games on these "low pings" to feel like dogshit. I bridged my R1 connection through my PC to my PS4 and found a game on the UK server at 7ms. I then captured packets from the PS4 with Wireshark, filtered the traffic type to display UDP only, and then sorted the packets by IP so I could see communication from my PS4 to the IW server in chronological order, allowing me to check the difference between the timestamps. From me to server it was usually between 12-18ms, although there were a couple of packets here and there sent less than a millisecond apart :s from the server to me, here's where it got funny - there would be between 45-80ms delays. That confirms the obnoxious bullshit of being behind the action, as when my upload is on point people will see my position sooner, but because I'm not being updated as fast from the server I don't see people where they really are. So when Timmy No Thumbs on his 50ms input lag TV and WiFi with windmill aim seems to shotgun me to death with NV4 hipfire, and I can only fire two shots from a faster firing weapon in that time despite firing first, it's clearly not "7ms" at all. Out of 7846 packets captured from that session, there was 0.0% packet loss, so that isn't a factor. It also explains why I never get connection icons in game, unlike all of those con artist potato connection unkillable terminators :)

I repeated it again. Found a lobby, checked the geofilter (which was setup for my laptop lol), saw the server was in Germany (21ms on the R1), googled the IP from Wireshark and confirmed it was a German IW Choopa server, then captured a full game and saved it. I sorted everything as before and saw anywhere from 4-20ms on upstream, and anywhere from 0.218ms to 2.2 SECONDS on downstream. That's right... 2200 milliseconds. Again, no packet loss, so that's not responsible for the delays. Also the update rates are 100Hz (10ms) from player to server and 20Hz (50ms) from server to player in IW, so that doesn't explain the large delays seen between timestamps with packets going over UDP 3074 to whatever the server uses (40040 in my case) and back again, because there were delays lower and far higher than 10ms on the upstream, and delays lower and far higher than 50ms on the downstream.

Tl;dr - geofilter (or ping command prompt/pingtest/PingPlotter) latency is bollocks because it's ICMP (TCP/IP). I've had maybe five games in 2500+ on 7ms that felt like it LMFAO. Happy days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh I should add I was running the usual 70/70 sliders and the PS4 was in hyper lane as always, so it wasn't just randomly jittery. I had the geofilter ping going at exactly the same time through and it was flat 7ms on the UK server, and 21ms on the German server. Even using the command prompt ping -f -l 1464 for the biggest and slowest sending packets possible didn't give me anywhere near those delays (in fact it's usually just a millisecond or two more than normal pings), yet it takes me 80ms to receive a 200 byte packet from a CoD server 40 miles away? Hilarious

Have you tried without hyperlane? That does nothing for me other than knock off 30 points of health and allow the other team put a £50 i the ref's pocket

Have you tried without hyperlane? That does nothing for me other than knock off 30 points of health and allow the other team put a £50 i the ref's pocket

LMAO. I've tried pretty much everything mate, regarding the geofilter, congestion control, device prio, share excess and the hyper lane. I don't really have any other devices on while playing but I keep the PS4 in hyper lane regardless. Some of the best connections I've had were using the standard CoD Ultimate profile, 70/70 preemptive and PSN in hyper lane, but about as many have come from weird random setups that make no sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LMAO. I've tried pretty much everything mate, regarding the geofilter, congestion control, device prio, share excess and the hyper lane. I don't really have any other devices on while playing but I keep the PS4 in hyper lane regardless. Some of the best connections I've had were using the standard CoD Ultimate profile, 70/70 preemptive and PSN in hyper lane, but about as many have come from weird random setups that make no sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try setting your bandwidth low like 3mb down 1mb upload with 70/70 sliders and use abit of tweaking. this is a more stable way of throttling