Who uses Sky with XR500

Right wanted to know who sky users have set up the XR500 using Sky broadband, BT works for me but the continued price increases do not so know have 30 days to leave and I am considering Sky but this is equipment set up dependent, so therefore any set up info would be appreciated. (I know I asked about this with Vigor 130 but that may be a pain to use )

Cheers

Right wanted to know who sky users have set up the XR500 using Sky broadband, BT works for me but the continued price increases do not so know have 30 days to leave and I am considering Sky but this is equipment set up dependent, so therefore any set up info would be appreciated. (I know I asked about this with Vigor 130 but that may be a pain to use )

Cheers

Hey Sharpzz, 

Im on Sky ive got the full Sky Q package after few teething issues which turned out to be Sky end it all works perfectly and easy to setup. Even easier if you only have broadband

Hey Sharpzz, 

Im on Sky ive got the full Sky Q package after few teething issues which turned out to be Sky end it all works perfectly and easy to setup. Even easier if you only have broadband

Thats great ,did you use the router and put it into modem mode (if possible) just wanted to find out how to configure it as I want the XR500 to manage everything.

thanks

Thats great ,did you use the router and put it into modem mode (if possible) just wanted to find out how to configure it as I want the XR500 to manage everything.

thanks

It doesn't have modem mode (not that I could find) but you can disable the wifi if you want, I just connected everything through the XR500. DMZ'd the XR500 gave it a static IP from Sky router and turned off IPV6 and UPNP Sky side everything seems to work perfectly now 

• Netduma Staff

Looks like you've got some great advice above! Please let us know if it works out for you. We'll help you out if anything goes wrong though I should think what Rousey suggested will work perfectly :)