network only working on some devices (wifi)

Hi yall, after setting up my kit etc I have discovered a few problems with my wifi,

I only use the R1, my phone and laptop connect to the wifi no problem and work.

My PC says it is connected and connected to the internet via wifi but the server not found page keeps appearing, if I disconnect and then reconnect to the R1 it says connected but no internet.

My PS3 will not connect and says my pass key is incorrect and I have the same issue with my TV.

All work fine wired.

My wifes kindle and laptop connect ok too.

I have used reboot router option and enable wifi workaround button and disabled it again. I have turned it off and on again but still no joy.

Anybody got any ideas?

I doubt it there are only like 5-6 networks to connect to. Been having problems with it since plugging in two new power plugs. They are all paired and work fine on lan its just the wifi that wont connect to internet on certain devices.

• Administrators

Hopefully you won't have to set up a new network! If you could try disabling the Wifi, and reenabling it, then change the password to something else over 8 characters to test and see if everything can connect

Cheers Fraser, I tried making by a new network but still had the same issues.

It's just the stuff in the man cave that seems to be struggling so a power plug with two Ethernet outputs has sorted it, one to ps4 and one to a 5 port switch which runs the PS3, Sony Bravia and P.C.

All getting good speeds using the congestion control.

Happy days

Thanks Iain, yes I did and even rebooted everything after each change but still to no avail. I guess I now have the optimum setup that I can have for all my goodies now with not a lot of outlay.

I am really surprised at the speeds I am getting through the switch, I thought it would be a lot slower but it's fine.

Thanks again :)

I toyed with the idea of using a splitter but apparently they only use 4 of the 8 cables per split so you can only utilise one of the splits at a time.

Added bonus to the switch is it has pretty lights that flash making mission control look even cooler.

Archived