R1 wifi keeps dropping out!

I have had this router for almost 2 years now and recently i have started to face this wifi dropping issue and it gets really annoying when this happens in the middle of a ranked match of Rainbow 6. Wifi works again after restarting the router and the router is in a well ventilated place. The wifi drops happen randomly at any time of day or night.

• Administrators

Hi Maazsk - on the router UI, make sure you uncheck ‘WiFi Workaround’ in Settings.

If drop outs continue, try changing the WiFi channel as it’s possible other devices are causing problems. Channels 1,6 or 11 are usually best. Go to Settings for this too

• Netduma Staff

Still experiencing the issue but wired connection works fine. 

Hmm alright. Try changing the security mode to PSK2 in settings > WiFi. There's also a chance nearby wireless devices are causing interference. Try moving any wireless devices away from the router.

I'd also recommend a hard reset. To do this, switch off the modem and Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then turn on the Modem. Wait another minute then turn on the Modem.

As a workaround for Rainbow 6, you could use powerline adapters (if you're using WiFi for it due to the layout of your house  etc). This can transfer a wired Ethernet connection through your electrics rather than you having to stretch a cable across your house.

Hmm alright. Try changing the security mode to PSK2 in settings > WiFi. There's also a chance nearby wireless devices are causing interference. Try moving any wireless devices away from the router.

I'd also recommend a hard reset. To do this, switch off the modem and Netduma. Wait 5 minutes then turn on the Modem. Wait another minute then turn on the Modem.

As a workaround for Rainbow 6, you could use powerline adapters (if you're using WiFi for it due to the layout of your house  etc). This can transfer a wired Ethernet connection through your electrics rather than you having to stretch a cable across your house.

I already set the security mode to PSK2 a long time ago and i have switched around channels too. Alright i will hard reset the router and see if i continue to face the issue. I will keep you updated. Thank you.

One thing you can do if you still have wifi problems on the R1, disable the R1s wifi radio and install either a router configured for LAN to LAN AP mode and use it's upgraded wireless as your wifi, or install a wireless client device that would give same wifi features, and keep the R1 working as your main host router. You could even install a wireless MESH system as well. Something to consider later on.

One thing you can do if you still have wifi problems on the R1, disable the R1s wifi radio and install either a router configured for LAN to LAN AP mode and use it's upgraded wireless as your wifi, or install a wireless client device that would give same wifi features, and keep the R1 working as your main host router. You could even install a wireless MESH system as well. Something to consider later on.

I will look into that. Thanks for your help :)