Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forced to Reboot XR500 Daily - XB1X Can't Find Teredo IP Address

Teredo Xbox One X XR500 NetGear

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Tebok10000

Tebok10000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 02:34 AM

It's just the Xbox One X (wired) that seems to be having these issues.  The other Xbox One setup on wireless hasn't seen the Teredo issues and is on the same Insider program.  I'll get off the super early Alpha updates on the Xbox One X I guess.

It's just frustrating jumping through all these hoops because I never saw this stuff with my old ASUS RT-N66U I had the last 5 years.  I also have friends that have this router and they haven't had to go through this.

Thanks for the support.  I want to figure this out.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts
  • Local time: 07:34 AM

As you say others aren't having these problems which leads me to believe its to do with the Xbox early access updates. You could also see if it works on wireless on the current wired xbox

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

MALCIVAR

MALCIVAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

@Netduma Fraser, I have also experienced the Teredo error on my Xbox 1X but I do not have the alpha program on that system. However, I was able to resolve the issue with your UPNP suggestion that you mentioned earlier in the thread and since then it has not popped up. (fingers crossed)

Tebok10000

Tebok10000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

OK I just did an experiment with a 5 for 5 result.  If I have the Xbox One X listed as one of my devices and under filtering mode for geo-filtering i get the Teredo IP address error.  If I have no devices listed it works fine.  I did zero reboots during this test.  So does this mean I basically can't use geo-filtering and miss out on one of the main unique things this router offers?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,793 posts
  • Local time: 07:34 AM

OK I just did an experiment with a 5 for 5 result.  If I have the Xbox One X listed as one of my devices and under filtering mode for geo-filtering i get the Teredo IP address error.  If I have no devices listed it works fine.  I did zero reboots during this test.  So does this mean I basically can't use geo-filtering and miss out on one of the main unique things this router offers?

All it means is the Geo-Filter is blocking the server that reads the NAT status. It doesn't mean at all that you have a strict NAT. If you're still concerned switch device to spectating mode for boot up of console/game then change to filtering mode.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Tebok10000

Tebok10000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Cool I'll try that.

Funny thing I'm getting new Internet on Saturday.  I'll have to switch setup to a bridge setting because provider forces you to use their modem/router

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Teredo, Xbox One X, XR500, NetGear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users