new router

• Administrators

Thanks for running the test Glenn. Your line looks ok in general so there's unlikely to be a problem there.

The next time you're in a game which is playing badly, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter screen, including the ping graph that opens below. Thanks.

i put my isp router in bridge mode and i got the username and password of them then i inputted that into my netduma where the  pppoe is should there be anything else i need to activate on the netduma when using in a bridge mode 

• Administrators

i put my isp router in bridge mode and i got the username and password of them then i inputted that into my netduma where the  pppoe is should there be anything else i need to activate on the netduma when using in a bridge mode 

That should be everything you need to do. I was going to recommend trying this as a next step. It's unlikely to be a problem but you never know.

Give this a go and if it's still not good, could you try connecting your console directly to your ISP router and see how that plays. We need to see if we can isolate where the problem is.

Thanks.

• Administrators

iv had 5 games with my ps4 hooked upto isp router and all the same tbh.

OK, well connect back up to the Netduma. I'd set your Geo-Filter range even tighter, just cover the UK, and then see the pings you are getting. Anything below 50ms is good, but you ideally want below 30ms.

If you are getting laggy games after this point could you capture some gameplay from your console and upload it so we can take a look. Both PS4 and Xbox have in-game recording tools which you can then upload online.

When you've saved the gameplay, go into the capture gallery, find the video, press the Share button on the controller, click upload to YouTube (you may be prompted to sign in to YouTube first), then scroll down to privacy, choose Unlisted, scroll down further and hit upload. When it's uploaded go to your YouTube channel, head to your videos, press the three dots icon if on mobile (or just load the video and copy the link from the bar at the top if on desktop) and just post the link here.

• Netduma Staff

Il record my gameplay but how do i send it from ps4 too this site

The advice above is great Glenn, let us know how it goes!

That's probably the first time I've seen someone experience what I do lol, wow. You were just getting shotgunned by SMGs and ARs. Only problem is I get weird hitmarker delays every game on top of that while on "7ms ping" like this

haha I'm so tired of recruit bots instafrying with slower killing guns as if I'm not on target first O_o average 40%+ accuracy on the highest sens with arguably the fastest monitor in the world on fibre and for what, I get mugged by windmillers on WiFi. Yet the last nuke (and normal connection) I got was vs a 4KD in a party LMAO

Its getting to the point where gaming is not fun i used to play mlg within a 4 man teams but had to pull out of the team cos it was so hard to play the game does not feel smooth it feels like its dragging or its weird to explain

Its getting to the point where gaming is not fun i used to play mlg within a 4 man teams but had to pull out of the team cos it was so hard to play the game does not feel smooth it feels like its dragging or its weird to explain

• Netduma Staff

As far as I can see from your gameplay there's no major lag happening at all. You looked like you melted them in the second game, and all deaths on your part looked like you were genuinely outgunned aside from a few AR's maybe killing you too fast. I can't see you getting gameplay that looks smoother than this without taking drastic measures like moving house to get closer to the server or switching ISP. I'd kill for my gameplay to look like that!

Jack how can i stop finding bad games ie bad hit detection stuff like that

Hi Glenn !!! First thing first... You will never play good while your aio and duma are set in bridge mode and ppp0e via the duma !!! I tested all methods on multiple setups and connections and it all ended with the same result...crap gaming sessions !!! On cable lines it's worst than on dsl and vdsl2 lines !!! You talked about your AIO bein a vdsl box am i right ?? If so you have to know some things... The majority if not all of those aio for dsl and vdsl2 comes with a double setup (aio's need a double setup to work as a modem plus as a router) and it's cool if you use that aio but if you have a better router or a beast gaming router like the Duma

post-29840-0-82510900-1530896812_thumb.png

post-29840-0-40072300-1530896826_thumb.png

post-29840-0-27223000-1530896857_thumb.png

post-29840-0-61485000-1530896870_thumb.png

post-29840-0-05588900-1530896885_thumb.png

post-29840-0-38799100-1530896909_thumb.png

post-29840-0-09106700-1530896927_thumb.png

post-29840-0-43496200-1530896949_thumb.png

post-29840-0-64180600-1530896960_thumb.png

post-29840-0-04704000-1530896976_thumb.png

post-29840-0-57680600-1530896989_thumb.png

post-29840-0-81181100-1530897005_thumb.png

post-29840-0-51606000-1530897028_thumb.png

post-29840-0-80505300-1530897054_thumb.png

post-29840-0-14170300-1530897068_thumb.png

post-29840-0-70873700-1530897084_thumb.png

post-29840-0-17552400-1530897094_thumb.png

post-29840-0-99393400-1530897103_thumb.png

post-29840-0-03947900-1530897116_thumb.png

post-29840-0-00718700-1530897309_thumb.png

post-29840-0-81660800-1530897328_thumb.png

post-29840-0-46534200-1530897359_thumb.png

I forgot to mention guys... for your ping you only speedtest dot net ... it will give you the best ping your connection can runs so from there you supposed to know your ping and yes you normally can hook to a dedis at that ping speed

Lol if I put 1492 in manually on the Duma with my VDSL2 line, a test will show I'm getting 1484. If I set 1484 I get 1476 etc.

post-29840-0-52430500-1531170921_thumb.png

Ask for info with respect? I didn't ask for anything. What was disrespectful about simply stating I tried your settings and it played like crap? Are you wounded by that or something? It would appear I know more about general networking in gaming if you're talking about stuff like DNS servers lol, relax yourself. I simply tried your setup because I've spent so much time on researching and optimising that I'm desperate, so I'm know what I'm talking about and how to set up for my line; no need to make assumptions. Plus 54-39 doesn't really show anything

post-9329-0-78547200-1531183651_thumb.jpg

Ask for info with respect? I didn't ask for anything. What was disrespectful about simply stating I tried your settings and it played like crap? Are you wounded by that or something? It would appear I know more about general networking in gaming if you're talking about stuff like DNS servers lol, relax yourself. I simply tried your setup because I've spent so much time on researching and optimising that I'm desperate, so I'm know what I'm talking about and how to set up for my line; no need to make assumptions. Plus 54-39 doesn't really show anything

I get this (v screenshot v) to my local servers all day everyday and it doesn't change the fact it plays like crap. How you took that as a personal insult I'll never know - it's a fact I have to deal with every time I go online, apart from the odd rare game (one in every 100 or so) that actually runs smooth on the same server with actual hit detection.

Ahhhhh ok cool ah ah ah sorry brah english is not my first language and the way you was laughing and sayin things let us think that you were laughing at me...so my bad for that and i do more understand ya meaning now !!! Aright first on my last comm pic dont look at my score but at my girl score wich is 98 46 ... we both playin together here in my home on my setup with both ps4 hooked to duma at the same time.... thats why i said look at yesterdays score... i always protect her back so i don't care bout having less good scores when she's here but anyways the fact is the proof picture... not only my setup is tight enough to handle my ps4 pro and running it like a god tool but it also handle 2 ps4 at the same time doin more than 50kills for the protector and 98 kills for the lucky girl !!! And yep its only one game on a thousand...i just dont loose too much time putting proofs pics of all my scores ect !!! And since we both here for more than a year... ya already know how many people struggle to have the duma workin properly with 1 console... so please figure out that to have those scores with 2 consoles on the same duma running at the same time...you definitly have to set it tiiiight as fuck !!! So either there is 1 or 2 lil settings that needs to be adjusted either in the aio or in duma or even in both... or you just unlucky and stuck with a bad isp line quality !!!

Your line is having more fluctuations than mine but it looks close to mine so... do you have a phone service or a tv service with your line or it's just internet ??? Cuz yes it brings fluctuations on your line even if you don't use them !!! I only take internet myself so no unwanted fluctuations on my line or at least way less !!!

Understand that i changed my isp 2 weeks ago only....for the 6th time in 2 years... and i did run the aio with the firmware it came with wich was compiled in 2015 and was apparently the last firmware available... it was unstable and i was getting spikes from 7ms to 60ms whatever the time in day or night...always unstable but still was playable...yep with frustrations !!! I found a firmware compiled at the end of 2017 and updated it....via my cellphone and it worked and was a bit better but it was also worst for the spikes....anywayz i've updated my aio again yesterday via a computer since i knew there was a problem since i use the same bell canada vdsl2 line for more than a year...even when changing isp still was on vdsl2 so i have more than 12months of tuning and testings the line quality... the 2 weeks ago isp was giving me 21ms but was so straight after we changed the wires from the drop to the building so now i now that everything wires wise either on my side or on the isp side are perfect !!! I tried playing with settings to finetune but still was struggling...plus i forgot to mention that with my last isp from 2 weeks ago i been with them for couple of months and in the begin i was having the same smartrg sr505n so thats where i started to better understand and finetune those vdsl2 type of lines since i was more on cable lines in the past since it was way better....but it all changed like 4 years ago so now cable isp here is crap !!! Anywayz with that same last isp i was also stuck with an old firmware and the line quality was crap since i update it ....then it became my first god feeling time when i was gaming !!! Sadly one day the aio just stopped workin and they send me another brand of aio wich was better but was also acting differently...like the settings wasnt the same even if both was running on the same type line and quality line !!! Anywayz i managed to tune it so the gaming sessions was awesome again...still with some lil spikes here and there but nothin too major except the 21ms wich is goood for most people but slow for my lil brain !!! So i changed isp for that awesome 7ms one that i have now... so since i already used and learn and fine tune that smartrg i knew what to do butt still i tried it like it came for a couple of days...with an average gaming feeling since it was unstable !!! I then updated it and factory reset it to set it again with original isp settings... crap unstable line again... i then removed them double setup to create my ptm only setup and boom everything is now straiiiight and flawless whatever the time in day or night !!! So just by updating them aio to the latest or at least to a 2017 firmware it fixed the spikes and it now react almost instantly !!! My isp dont even knew that this firmware exist and now they know and they learning on my setup !!!

Strange thing is... with my 2 weeks ago isp i was at 21ms baseping and duma was pinging google at 13ms wich was giving me 3 Exceptional results ..... now with my new isp i'm at 7ms but my duma ping google at 28ms and it give me a Good for the ping and Exceptional for the 2 other results !!! Weird isnt it !!! This info was more to show that there is a lot of differences even on the same line type or on the same line even when set identicaly !!! Last week i was thinkin that this was the reason for my spikes since most of the spikes where at 30ms... but after updating the firmware now its all stable and flawless so i now less care about that duma test since yep i may be pinging google higher but still in real time and when i play i'm at 7ms straiiight !!!

Hope there's clues that will help you too !!! Don't forget i'm not mad at yaaa was just a missunderstood ah ah ah and keep ya head up since you so close to the perfection !!!

Like i said it's not my first language so sometimes i use different words or ways of expressions to explain things that may be explained a bit better !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!!

No worries. Yeah I was laughing at my ping graph, so called 7ms lol. It's been like that for me since February last year so it definitely wasn't derisive laughter aimed at your comment; it was just frustration from my recent experiences.

My line doesn't fluctuate much at all tbh. Jitter usually averages 0.1-0.2ms so it's very stable. I've just come to the conclusion that looking at pings on the graph or PingPlotter is pointless because they're ICMP and game traffic is UDP for the most part. I ran a test bridging my connection through Wireshark the other night and was noticing anywhere from 10-80ms delays between packets on my local server (geofilter showed the usual 7ms) and delays of 12-2200ms (yep, 2.2 SECONDS) on the German server (21ms on the geofilter) but apparently there was no packet loss out of thousands of packets on the capture so that wasn't the cause of the delays. Strange stuff...

post-9329-0-19964400-1531255588_thumb.png