ping assistant in Geo-filter

I'm wondering, after 2 years of coding and building the Duma OS and many features not included. why?

I'm wondering, after 2 years of coding and building the Duma OS and many features not included. why?

good point. my guess this router will be 2 years outdated by a newer one by the time all the "alleged updates" arrive.....! 

Guest Killhippie

good point. my guess this router will be 2 years outdated by a newer one by the time all the "alleged updates" arrive.....! 

At two years I would be looking for a new router in the next 6-12 months max anyway, thats pretty much the useful life of routers these days. Also with WPA3 coming out this year, which may be (dont quote me on this) be hardware dependant and also 801.11ax coming out too, the current crop of routers will be outdated.

There is no such thing as 'future proofing' As to missing features they probably have to be tested and approved by Netgear, also you seem to forget that this router is running Netgears firmware and then DumaOS over that, its complicated and will take time to test. Fraser's team is pushing new features, but its ultimately down to Netgear to release the new firmware I imagine, not Netduma. Also  I imagine Netgear have a big say in what goes in and what does not, after all they want you to buy the next big gaming box dont they, so you cant have it all now... Thats just the cynic in me talking, but I still think this product will mature very well. This router has not been out that long, in the UK since March so only 3 months.

• Administrators

Not sure what you mean by many features. The only things I can think of that are not currently included are:

Ping Assist

Host Analysis (which no one ever used)

VPN Hybrid (which is being developed right now and seeking Netgear approval for a beta version to give to users, which is also way more powerful/customisable than the R1 version)

Not to mention there are features the R1 doesn't even have.

I was told 5 months ago when i bought the new netgear router that the ping assist would be in an update shortly. Lmao after what happened with the R1 update i new that was never gonna happen so i returned the router the next day and stuck with the R1. The ping assist was probably taken out cause its looked as some kind of advantage. Highly doubt its ever back in. This company was great as a startup, since then have gotten a lot of run arounds. Too bad

• Administrators

I was told 5 months ago when i bought the new netgear router that the ping assist would be in an update shortly. Lmao after what happened with the R1 update i new that was never gonna happen so i returned the router the next day and stuck with the R1. The ping assist was probably taken out cause its looked as some kind of advantage. Highly doubt its ever back in. This company was great as a startup, since then have gotten a lot of run arounds. Too bad

Sorry you feel that way. It hasn't been taken out, it just hasn't been put in yet. With the much larger user base than we're used to there is a higher emphasis on fixing bugs than introducing new features. We implemented some new features with the last firmware and will continue to do so. Either way thanks for the feedback.