Default setting under schedule content filtering

and why does the stupid router time never set itself correct after ANY reboot ?? This is doing my head in....!

I have to continuously muck about with the Schedule settings just to get the right time back.... ticking, unticking, changing Start Blocking/unblocking time and time zone and eventually the right time appears .....WHY SO MUCH HASSLE LOL!!!   

For the love of God !! Just add an NTP section to this router PLEASE so we can add our own time servers in!!!

can't be a big job to add surely.....?

something along the lines of...

time.png

• Administrators

and why does the stupid router time never set itself correct after ANY reboot ?? This is doing my head in....!

I have to continuously muck about with the Schedule settings just to get the right time back.... ticking, unticking, changing Start Blocking/unblocking time and time zone and eventually the right time appears .....WHY SO MUCH HASSLE LOL!!!   

For the love of God !! Just add an NTP section to this router PLEASE so we can add our own time servers in!!!

can't be a big job to add surely.....?

something along the lines of...

The only time that matters is the one in Settings and that stays accurate as far as I know. Thats the time any of the monitoring settings will use not System Information time which I've already made a ticket for.

The only time that matters is the one in Settings and that stays accurate as far as I know. Thats the time any of the monitoring settings will use not System Information time which I've already made a ticket for.

"The only time that matters is the one in Settings.... "  I beg to differ! Given that Im a father of two internet hungry kids, having the correct time appear for the purposes of Parental Control, takes priority over any other time setting for me!!!

..hopefully one day this router will have this basic setting included..... 

• Administrators

I'm not sure I understand. The Parental Control features available in Settings use the time located in Schedule, which should be the correct time based on the zone you've picked.

The time in Sys Info has no bearing on any features.

I'm not sure I understand. The Parental Control features available in Settings use the time located in Schedule, which should be the correct time based on the zone you've picked.

The time in Sys Info has no bearing on any features.

Fraser, 999 times out 1000 reboots, the router fails to set the correct time under Schedule (usually sets itself to either around midday or 2pm ??) . And no, it does not correct itself if I leave it for a while.

To get it to set again correctly i have to do the things listed above... I should not have to do this after ANY reboot...?  These are my settings below, time shown is now correct but what i have to do to get it to show correctly is totally unnecessary! ... it has done this from Day 1 . Im pretty sure this is mentioned by someone else in another post who is experiencing the same thing.... http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24446-minor-niggle/?p=176963

time-wrong.jpg

What device are you changing this on?

Not sure what you mean , device ? Im using a Pc to access the router via Chrome. (or any other browser)

the same issue though occurs regardless of what device i use to reboot the router, by hard reset (button), laptop, Mobile App, Pc.... nothing to do with devices used. The router just doesn't update the time on the Schedule page, after a reboot/restart.

Guest Killhippie

Not sure what you mean , device ? Im using a Pc to access the router via Chrome. (or any other browser)

the same issue though occurs regardless of what device i use to reboot the router, by hard reset (button), laptop, Mobile App, Pc.... nothing to do with devices used. The router just doesn't update the time on the Schedule page, after a reboot/restart.

Why are  just rebooting the router so often or turning it off and on like this?  You only need to factory reset for problems not keep power cycling it or switching it off and on. Electronic components don't like continued power fluctuations like that. Mine gets set up and stays up and is also connected to a APC sine wave ups.

Why are  just rebooting the router so often or turning it off and on like this?  You only need to factory reset for problems not keep power cycling it or switching it off and on. Electronic components don't like continued power fluctuations like that. Mine gets set up and stays up and is also connected to a APC sine wave ups.

...i was asking Fraser... thanks . Only when the router locks-up do i do a hard reboot, normally use soft reboot (i should have stated that)

Guest Killhippie

...i was asking Fraser... thanks . Only when the router locks-up do i do a hard reboot, normally use soft reboot (i should have stated that)

My router does not lockup like yours, and I also don't have this time issue. If you have the Xbox issue maybe talk to Fraser as he may be able to help you test a fix, if no xbox I'm not sure what's causing you to reboot like this unless its faulty hardware. Hope you work out the time issue with Fraser. :)