Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firmware 2.3.2.22 released

Firmware

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 PM

Works well so far.

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

same for me, nothing showing up in UPnP table with every device in the house connected... epic update fail as usual lol!

How come whenever a update or new feature is added to the XR500 it NEVER works for you..but works for everyone else???

No offense but you always seem to have issues with this router yet you persist in using it.Why not send it back if it is within the return policy or sell it on eBay and get something else that would be better suited for your needs?

Perhaps you are just Anti-Netgear?

rckrz6

rckrz6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY USA

my table is working fine

DeathrayJay

DeathrayJay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is this update now being pushed automatically? I have been out of town and now it says I am running this version number and I have the “uncaught unmatched device “ error.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 PM

Is this update now being pushed automatically? I have been out of town and now it says I am running this version number and I have the “uncaught unmatched device “ error.

Yes I believe it's been pushed automatically. Rename the device you had added to the Geo-Filter back to what it was in the device manager and it'll go away.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Deez

Deez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 PM

Mine did not update automatically like the last one did. I had to go into administration, firmware update and check manually for update then it updated it.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

Mine did not update automatically like the last one did. I had to go into administration, firmware update and check manually for update then it updated it.

They phase out auto updates so would have got to you eventually

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 03:09 PM
Anyone have problems accessing there wd nas via the cloud?

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Any new updates need testing?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

Any new updates need testing?

No none just yet!

Time Converter

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I could not access my WD nas remotely with this firmware update, it was not reliable... I also had problems with my new fire tv cube pausing all the time.. Tried everything nothing worked its like ever so often it would disconnect.

i then swapped it out with a portal Wifi and the WD Nas worked and pausing stopped.

I have an xbox one x... 

Any updates in the pipe that might fix some of these problems or should I take it back?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

I could not access my WD nas remotely with this firmware update, it was not reliable... I also had problems with my new fire tv cube pausing all the time.. Tried everything nothing worked its like ever so often it would disconnect.

i then swapped it out with a portal Wifi and the WD Nas worked and pausing stopped.

I have an xbox one x... 

Any updates in the pipe that might fix some of these problems or should I take it back?

So the previous firmware worked is that correct? I've sent you a PM to help us collect information.

Time Converter

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Not sure as I just got the amazon cube tv. However I think my nas worked on the 10 version the one before 18

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Ok. Let us know if things improve with the new update Fraser sent you. 

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I think the router with dumaos is awesome. You guys will get the bugs worked out in time.

I wish it would auto switch the 5ghz channels for the best connection and I wish when in dfs mode and it switches out to normal bands it would switch back to dfs if there was no activity in a given time period like the portal Wifi. The pausing is very strange. It is not buffering, it just pauses for no reason no error no nothing.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

That’s an interesting idea. Are th pauses continuing? And have you tried Netgear support?

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

I think the router with dumaos is awesome. You guys will get the bugs worked out in time.

I wish it would auto switch the 5ghz channels for the best connection and I wish when in dfs mode and it switches out to normal bands it would switch back to dfs if there was no activity in a given time period like the portal Wifi. The pausing is very strange. It is not buffering, it just pauses for no reason no error no nothing.

To be honest unless you are in a heavily congested area the default settings for 5Ghz are fine. Your Amazon cube may not support DFS channels properly. Try using default to see if the pausing goes away.

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

What applications are you running on your Fire TV Cube when it is pausing?

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Cube would pause on hardwired and WiFi using sylk and firefox for youtube

Hulu was fine and Netflix seemed to be oaky as well

Also my wd nas was not remotely available

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts

Did you try hippies suggestion above?

Time Converter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firmware

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users