Getting booted in Destiny will come to bite me in the ass.

R3M!X

• Administrators

Okay then thats fine if theres no booting with strict off. Strict on means better games but you can experience booting. Strict off won't be as good games but no booting. If you experience booting with strict off and notice something getting blocked when this happens we'll need that ID

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

the only way to keep the mode strict is to keep the entire world in the geo-filter.

There is no booting and it works perfect.

So i think it means that if one of dedicated servers in the world is not in your geo-filter, you'll be kicked

Kinda defeats the purpose if you have the whole world in the geo filter.

@ Fraser I was waiting for you on Friday. I even skyped message you. It was the perfect day to monitor my interface.

@ Netduma in whole. A few post above mentioned that destiny was not fully tested. Why put up a video on YouTube then? That pretty much what got me sold on the R1. I feel like I was mislead after making that statement.

Kinda disappointed that I always have to turn of the filter when I play with my friends. Kinda makes the R1 useless in my opinion.

Even my wife is saying I wasted my money and she majority of the time is supportive. She says I'm in denial when she brings that up and I say no it works when I play solo. LOL.

Lastly. All these tweets from players saying it works well in AW makes me feel like all the support and research was mostly dedicated to the COD and that's it. Can y'all please spend more time on destiny?

I apologize if I'm acting like bitch but everyone is heckling me about a product that I highly recommended to them and now I'm starting to second guess my purchase after these experiences with using it.

• Administrators

Kinda defeats the purpose if you have the whole world in the geo filter.

@ Fraser I was waiting for you on Friday. I even skyped message you. It was the perfect day to monitor my interface.

@ Netduma in whole. A few post above mentioned that destiny was not fully tested. Why put up a video on YouTube then? That pretty much what got me sold on the R1. I feel like I was mislead after making that statement.

Kinda disappointed that I always have to turn of the filter when I play with my friends. Kinda makes the R1 useless in my opinion.

Even my wife is saying I wasted my money and she majority of the time is supportive. She says I'm in denial when she brings that up and I say no it works when I play solo. LOL.

Lastly. All these tweets from players saying it works well in AW makes me feel like all the support and research was mostly dedicated to the COD and that's it. Can y'all please spend more time on destiny?

I apologize if I'm acting like bitch but everyone is heckling me about a product that I highly recommended to them and now I'm starting to second guess my purchase after these experiences with using it.

We wouldn't recommend putting the Geo-filter covering the entire world at all thats for sure. 

I wasn't on Skype on Friday as was insanely busy preparing for an event, did we 100% schedule a time? If we did I'm very sorry for missing our appointment. 

We put the video up because it works, we've stated strict can cause booting but if you don't get booted the games will be much better. If when not on strict and booting occurs thats a definite issue we need to fix. It does work as when you play solo you don't have any issues. As your friends are quite far away there is the opportunity for a unique issue to present itself.

Its not that we've spent a lot more time/research/support on CoD its that Destiny has a very unique way of dealing with how players play together that CoD does not do at all. 

I totally understand your frustration. It is hard to match up the times we are both free due to the time difference/when your friends will be on but I'm committed to finding out the solution to this, I don't want you to be experiencing this any more than you do. 

Can we try to schedule another time for this? Otherwise, have strict off, and really pay attention to the Geo-filter when you get booted for anything that pops up as blocked, it may even be worth having your friend tell you when you get booted and looking intently at the Geo-filter as it may appear and disappear quickly. Click it as soon as you see it and give us the ID, its all we need to resolve it. 

R3M!X, the only way to diagnose and find a solution is to make some specific tests with the netduma.

That product is very young but you can see that the duma army is here to help you and give you some advices.

I know that enlarge the geo-filter to the entire world is not a solution but it works for me at the moment.

And it can helps Iain to find the issue with the dedicated servers when strict mode is ticked.

When you're in strict mode, if you see a grey padlock, it's a dedicated server.

Otherwise, if you click on a red circle when strict mode is off and you can't ping it, it's also a dedicated server.

• Administrators

Yeah if you see a padlock when strict is off that should not be happening, but also check for the blocked triangles and click them and give me the ID's don't worry about giving me too many if you see they're slightly different, I can check them/filter the ones we need.

Can i give you some dedicated servers IDs from Europe?

My last test (geo-filter with the entire world with strict mode active) was sucessfull because i can see now that if one of dedicated servers of the game is not include in the geo-filter, you're on your way to get kicked.

I will see this afternoon if i can reduce the range of the geo-filter without being kicked and give you all IDs of padlocks i can find.

• Administrators

You will get kicked sometimes with strict on, this isn't an issue at all. Do it with strict off and see if you notice anything being blocked thats causing you to get booted, I'll need those ID's 

• Administrators

Ahh thats a shame! Do you have maybe an IPAD or anything to look at it whilst you play? A phone would work too though it would be quite small to see if anything is being blocked and may be hard to click them before they disappear. 

Ahh thats a shame! Do you have maybe an IPAD or anything to look at it whilst you play? A phone would work too though it would be quite small to see if anything is being blocked and may be hard to click them before they disappear.

I have an iPad but my 3 yr old daughter hogs it most of the time. I have an S5 but is hard to work with it in terms of clicking on the circles etc.

i have been putting in some serious hours on destiny lately since i maxed out AW i know you have gone through the setup guide did you deffo click the update cloud settings button when you ticked bleeding edge?? I ticked it but didnt hit the button and got booted i rebooted router and re tried the setup guide all works fine 

good luck and if anyone fancies a game one evening hit me up

I can say Fraser with all the tests i've made with Iain, it's not possible to get booted with strict mode off: i think some users have problem with NAT or the game itself (error bee, Caterpillar, ...).

The only way to get booted is to have strict mode ticked and geo-filter not configured with the entire world.

But 3 or 4 months ago, it was possible to have awesome games with strict mode ticked and 800 kilometers with the geo-filter.

With all tests have made last weeks, i think there is a problem with the cloud and maybe dedicated servers are not in a whitelist: it can explain the booting issue and why there is no problem with all dedicated servers around the world included in the geo-filter.

Can we find a way to have all those servers whitelisted but not affected if the strict mode is active?

• Administrators

Yes you should never get booted with strict off, but R3M!X seems to be experiencing this when playing with his friends in Guam unfortunately, so I want to double check if anything gets blocked in this instance.

The way Destiny works is if you can't connect to all the players it puts them through a dedicated server which can be outside your radius, then you can't connect to the dedi so you get booted. However, if you can connect to all players with strict on, you get great games. Strict off allows you to connect to these dedis if necessary hence the booting goes away. 

Possibly, but I doubt it as the very essence of strict mode stops you connecting to them. 

• Administrators

Hi Chive,  strict mode off now is what you used to think strict mode on was before. They are the same thing I added super strict mode for the potential of even better games.

Hi Iain, i've made some changes yesterday and i've seen that we can "avoid" dedicated servers if the circle of the geo-filter is not too close of those damn crappy connections servers.

So, yes it works perfect.

Now, i'm impatient to see what can bring the new firmware on destiny.

• Administrators

Brilliant news Chive, sorry I've doing the job of 3 people at the moment. That's why its delayed but it will have awesome features I assure you :D 

• Administrators

It would work like suspension in a car. The springs dampen the impact of hole. Same principle. I'm experimenting with it soon. We've nearly got anti-spike feature working which should make an even bigger difference :) 

Archived