Getting booted in Destiny will come to bite me in the ass.

R3M!X

I understand why I'm getting booted so I'm not gonna complain about that. What I'm concerned of is getting booted overtime as it will accumulate. Destiny has this game type that comes around only during the weekends, its called Trials of Osiris. I play this a lot but getting booted before the start of the game is considered to bungie as "cheating". Lately players are getting banned for leaving the game before it starts. Why do they leave you may ask? Well its simple. The game type is skill based and wins/losses are tracked. There is rewards for winning 5-9 games and going 9-0 gives the team a chance to get to a place that only flawless teams can go to, so players before the game after searching and finding players will look at who they're going up against. If they feel that they have no chance at winning the match they will back out of the game before " landing" in game. Doing this will not be considered as a lost in their end. Players are abusing this exploit and bungie has caught on and as a result will ban players for doing this. They monitor who is doing it and how often they are doing it. So this is where I'm concerned. The geo filter doing its job will actually not benefit in some way. As much as I want the best possible connection and game experience it will backfire and possibly cause me to get banned even though I have no intentions to do the exploit. In bungie's point of view I am which would really be unfair. I can turn off the filter of course but that will result into a lagfest. So really I'm in a no win situation. If I enable the filter there is a possibility of getting booted. If I disable the feature I will most likely be in a laggy game. It sucks but I have to live with it. This is not a bash on the R1(its an awesome product) its more of a personal concern of the repercussions of what will happen of getting booted.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hey R3M!X, that sounds like a great game type. Sorry this is causing you issues, I can't recall if I mentioned to turn on bleeding edge cloud or not but that may help. Anyways, I see your predicament and hate to see you having a subpar time, especially when such a gametype doesn't come around very often. You've been very patient and I appreciate it. What I propose is that I will test out Destiny tomorrow, I'll force it to be from your location as well, if I can find a fix great, then I can do a 1 on 1 with you and change your settings if necessary.

Thanks I really appreciate the help. I don't mind getting booted. It just so happens that there is an exploit in the game that is considered cheating even if its not intended by me and its just the router doing its job.

• Administrators

Thanks I really appreciate the help. I don't mind getting booted. It just so happens that there is an exploit in the game that is considered cheating even if its not intended by me and its just the router doing its job.

No problem, I totally get that, a shame that some ruin the game for others like that.

Hey R3M!X, that sounds like a great game type. Sorry this is causing you issues, I can't recall if I mentioned to turn on bleeding edge cloud or not but that may help. Anyways, I see your predicament and hate to see you having a subpar time, especially when such a gametype doesn't come around very often. You've been very patient and I appreciate it. What I propose is that I will test out Destiny tomorrow, I'll force it to be from your location as well, if I can find a fix great, then I can do a 1 on 1 with you and change your settings if necessary.

By chance you made any tests?

• Administrators

By chance you made any tests?

Hey R3M!X, really sorry, I had to go to a wake and was unfortunately unable to find the time to do some tests. I will try my best to conduct some tonight. Once again, I'm very sorry!

• Administrators

Hi Dude4Him, haven't seen you for a while hope your'e well, have you tried using the new recommend settings that Remix is discussing?

Remix, I'm not sure but hopefully the booting occurs before the game even starts so it can't be classified as cheating. I can't confirm this but fingers cross it would be logical. 

Hi Dude4Him, haven't seen you for a while hope your'e well, have you tried using the new recommend settings that Remix is discussing?

Remix, I'm not sure but hopefully the booting occurs before the game even starts so it can't be classified as cheating. I can't confirm this but fingers cross it would be logical.

Iain, the booting occurs right before the game starts ( flying in screen). Unfortunately, this part is the exploit. So yes I'm afraid this could possibly get me banned.

I just logged off destiny after multiple kicks. It's getting ridiculous. I can't even team up with my friends on Guam for long before getting kicked. I've done everything suggested. I even turned off the filter. Then I was getting the "contacting destiny servers" warning. It's getting annoying I don't know what else to tweak.

I'm not playing much at the moment but the booting can apparently be fixed by turning off any UDP TCP or flood protection in your router or modem haven't tried it and not sure if it's a good idea but the tweaking was in an unlocked openreach modem i think.

• Administrators

I'm not playing much at the moment but the booting can apparently be fixed by turning off any UDP TCP or flood protection in your router or modem haven't tried it and not sure if it's a good idea but the tweaking was in an unlocked openreach modem i think.

Haven't heard of that fix but that could be an option. We'll be doing the cloud update tomorrow and with any luck should sort out the booting issue. 

Hopefully there is a fix soon. When I play solo, the filter works like intended. As soon as I join up with friends from Guam , California, and North Carolina and I'm the party leader shit just goes downhill from there. I already increased the distance by so much that it covers North/South America, and Canada and I still get booted. The weird thing is even though I'm the host for my party the game looks for players near my friends in Guam(Example: China,Japan,Korea,Australia). My filter is on but its not on strict mode. That could be why its doing that but it does that majority of the time. The game seems to favor my friends location/distance in terms of finding hosts instead of my location. I'm going crazy here. SMH.

• Administrators

We're working to resolve it as quick as we can. You've added them all to your allow list I imagine? Yeah without strict mode its quite likely that would happen. We'll try to fix this asap. 

All of them have been added. Weird thing happened last night. One of my friends that's on my list had a notification and an X on his mic by his name that he can't chat because of NAT issues. The odd part was that he was in chat the whole time without issue. He was loud and clear. He can hear me and visa versa. On his end it was showing the same thing on my name.

I have been lurking the forum but to be honest the R1 has not enhanced Destiny PvP for me. I still look forward to any updates you come up with. I have these settings in place, btw.

I feel the same for now. 5 of my 6 friends were supposed to order the R1. We decided to have two be the lab rats and base our experience on future orders. So far the two of us are looking real stupid right now and we're getting heckled by our friends saying that we "wasted $200", " Netbootya" etc. I myself are looking for answers and explaining to them the reasons for being booted, the lag that still exist. I hope I can prove them wrong and that I know the guys/gals at Netduma stands behind their product, will work hard to get things right and its not just a "gimmick". So I'm not worried at all.

• Administrators

Hi Remix,

Sorry I've been really busy recently on R&D. 

I didn't realise that you were getting booted when strict mode is off. Is that the case? If so that should be impossible and that means we need to update the configuration. Are you free for a 1 on 1 session? The best time would be between 11am-6pm GMT during the week. If not we can do evenings. 

I most definitely get booted with strict mode off when I play with my Guam friends. It's almost guaranteed. Keep in mind that my circle is covering all of North America and Canada. If the game picks a host outside of that circle and in most cases a host closer to where my Guam friends are at [ E.G., Japan, Australia ] I just expect it and it happens.

I can do 1pm GMT on the upcoming days. I can have one of my friends on Guam join us as he also has the R1. Let me know what days is good for you.

• Administrators

Sorry I thought you were doing a 1 on 1 with Fraser to sort out booting. In the mean time just disable your Geo-Filter.

I didn't realise your NAT is not open, don't worry thats an easy fix please follow the instructions here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

Archived