Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

wireless broadcast

ssid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

nicey1958

nicey1958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 01:35 PM

ok, the problem is I have a Wifi compatible compact camera (panasonic tz90).  I cannot see the wireless ssid of the zr500 2 networks. I have plugged in an old sky box and bt smart hub, both of which the camera can see the wifi networks. It can also see neighbours networks.  Any ideas?   Is this the right section to ask :-)

I can see the zr500 networks from a tablet, phone and  laptop.

cheers

Geoff.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Just to confirm do you have Smart Connect disabled so you have a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz SSID broadcasting? It's set by default unless you've changed it but make sure beamforming & mumimo are enabled in Settings > Advanced Settings.

Is there an option to keep refreshing the WiFi list on the camera? May be a case of having to refresh it a few times to be able to see it.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

nicey1958

nicey1958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Just to confirm do you have Smart Connect disabled so you have a 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz SSID broadcasting? It's set by default unless you've changed it but make sure beamforming & mumimo are enabled in Settings > Advanced Settings.

Is there an option to keep refreshing the WiFi list on the camera? May be a case of having to refresh it a few times to be able to see it.

tried  smart connect both enabled and disabled.. same result....  reset the box from scratch (factory)... have now  smart connect enabled again.. and now the camera sees the network. (previous to that i tried refreshing the camera list x number of times but now seems ok and connected.   TY

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Weird but great to hear its working! I'll close the thread now as its resolved.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ssid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users