High Pitch Squeals, Coil Whine

The router has developed high pitch noises or coil whine type noise depending on wifi load.  It was dead quiet up til today no matter the load.  My R7000 did the same thing so im not worried about it just looking to see if other units are doing the same thing

Does it make a ceek ceek noise? That's what happens to mine too under some heavy load, but when I have my headset on since I'm kind of a crazy gamer guy, I don't hear it, but mine is not loud. It just makes a deep ceek noise.

Does it make a ceek ceek noise? That's what happens to mine too under some heavy load, but when I have my headset on since I'm kind of a crazy gamer guy, I don't hear it, but mine is not loud. It just makes a deep ceek noise.

yup that noise

• Netduma Staff

The router has developed high pitch noises or coil whine type noise depending on wifi load.  It was dead quiet up til today no matter the load.  My R7000 did the same thing so im not worried about it just looking to see if other units are doing the same thing

I think coil whine is just an unfortunate thing that affects most hardware. It can seemingly start randomly on particular devices, and while I've never heard of it happening to a Netduma R1 I'm not overly surprised. It shouldn't be anything to worry about unless it's really loud!

Guest Killhippie

I think coil whine is just an unfortunate thing that affects most hardware. It can seemingly start randomly on particular devices, and while I've never heard of it happening to a Netduma R1 I'm not overly surprised. It shouldn't be anything to worry about unless it's really loud!

The R7000 suffered from it, luckily I have reached the age where I cant hear that frequency any more. Its odd though that it just started, as normally coil whine is there from the start.