Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

geo filter -cod ww2 issues SPECTATOR/FILTERING

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Local time: 01:46 PM

When your playing cod and u cant get a game within radius, set to spectator mode and you get a game.

But then here lies the problem.

When you leave game because its so laggy and impossible to play u set back to filter mode and two things happen.

1. you sit in an empty lobby with game telling you theirs 26 potential games for example but you don't join any?

2. Say in spec mode it sends me to a server in USA , when placed back in filter mode for my radius CENTRAL EUROPE it puts me back on server in USA.

i personally feel for the money spent on router i shouldn't have to keep turning off xb1x powering off mains cable and flushing cloud to only have it all starting again.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

if you join a server and it is laggy have you not blocked it so that you do not connect to it in the future?

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Hi Jay - are you playing WWII?

You should never need spectating mode in CoD. I think you need to get back to basics and work from there. Please do this:

1: Set to filtering mode
2: Make sure your home location is set to your home
3: Click Profiles and select CoD

This will now load a recommended range for you based on your home location.

Play a few games on this distance. If it’s too wide for you, gradually reduce it game by game.

If you’re timing out in your searches then you know you have made the distance too small.

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

but you cant block dedicated servers

if you join a server and it is laggy have you not blocked it so that you do not connect to it in the future?

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

when i set to my home location i get awful games

Hi Jay - are you playing WWII?

You should never need spectating mode in CoD. I think you need to get back to basics and work from there. Please do this:

1: Set to filtering mode
2: Make sure your home location is set to your home
3: Click Profiles and select CoD

This will now load a recommended range for you based on your home location.

Play a few games on this distance. If it’s too wide for you, gradually reduce it game by game.

If you’re timing out in your searches then you know you have made the distance too small.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
What do you mean by awful? Nearby connections will give you a low ping.

vShikko

vShikko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA, JPN

when i set to my home location i get awful games

Jay -- Have you disabled auto-ping and tried pinging servers within the range of your geo-filter? Set your geo's radius slightly outside of your location. There may be some player overlap, and you may have to deny a nearby server, but give it a shot.

The golden rule is finding the server with the LEAST amount of hops from your router to maximize your playing experience. Fewer hops, low ping & less jitter = better hit registration 😁

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
thank you. Yes i understand that principle. There are plenty of threads on the forums to suggest that in the case of ww2 that having a ping to a server (sweet spot) is 40ms. I have a good ping generally about 6 to a local server so this screws me for playing on a close by local server. Its thought by others on forum to search mid europe. But this is subjective.

Jay -- Have you disabled auto-ping and tried pinging servers within the range of your geo-filter? Set your geo's radius slightly outside of your location. There may be some player overlap, and you may have to deny a nearby server, but give it a shot.

The golden rule is finding the server with the LEAST amount of hops from your router to maximize your playing experience. Fewer hops, low ping & less jitter = better hit registration

they will but that doesn't guarantee a good lag free game on cod ww2. Its thought by others on forum that 40ms is about sweet spot. That said none of this addresses my original post. Why doesn't xr500 and software move seamlessly between spec/ filt mode without blocking me from joining games in filtered mode after being in spec mode?? or placing me on servers outside of my filtered radius >>??? when i've switched back to filtered mode from spec mode.

What do you mean by awful? Nearby connections will give you a low ping.

xAngryNeilx

xAngryNeilx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I have exactly the same experience with WWII. I get poor "laggy" games if I set my home to my actual location so, as another thread suggested, I aim for 40 ms ping so my home location is NW Italy (I wish) and I also have to turn off the Geo Filter to get games but I thought it might be the time of day I play. Funny thing is that when I get the East Coast US server at about 120ms ping I often have good games , much better than if my home location is set to the UK. Out of interest, what would turning Auto Ping off do and what is it for?

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

the game is a mess.  servers are terrible. essentially its totally random what experience you get and netduma is useless to affect a consistent change sorry to say.

I have exactly the same experience with WWII. I get poor "laggy" games if I set my home to my actual location so, as another thread suggested, I aim for 40 ms ping so my home location is NW Italy (I wish) and I also have to turn off the Geo Filter to get games but I thought it might be the time of day I play. Funny thing is that when I get the East Coast US server at about 120ms ping I often have good games , much better than if my home location is set to the UK. Out of interest, what would turning Auto Ping off do and what is it for?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Spectating mode will allow everything so if you make any ping connections it will keep that connection alive until naturally disconnected so if you switch to filtering mode in that time frame it'll allow them through

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

whats the best process frazer. is it to wait for a period of time? should i reboot xbox flush geo? 

Spectating mode will allow everything so if you make any ping connections it will keep that connection alive until naturally disconnected so if you switch to filtering mode in that time frame it'll allow them through

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

whats the best process frazer. is it to wait for a period of time? should i reboot xbox flush geo? 

If you wait a minute (and nothing appears on the map), switch to filtering, wait a minute then search then you should be good.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

thanks fraser

If you wait a minute (and nothing appears on the map), switch to filtering, wait a minute then search then you should be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users