Netduma keeps turning off and on

I haven’t used my router in about a month or so because I was in the process of moving into a new place. I’ve recently plugged it in to get it set back up, but it just keeps beebing. Like it’s turning off and on. I’m not sure what’s going on with it. The power cord and router are in great shape. There is no damage to either of them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It’s like it just keeps running the restart cycle over and over again. Plug in power, lights on, all of them flash, then a beeb. It just keeps doing it. I guess I’m s.o.l! Not sure what to do now!

It’s like it just keeps running the restart cycle over and over again. Plug in power, lights on, all of them flash, then a beeb. It just keeps doing it. I guess I’m s.o.l! Not sure what to do now!

A member of Netduma staff will advise you on how to proceed with this issue. It may take a little longer for them to respond with it being the weekend.

• Administrators

Hi Jerz - it sounds like you could have a hardware issue, especially as it has been in storage.

First thing to check is you are definitely using the correct power cable. It should look like this: https://www.thinkandbuy.co.uk/products/mikrotik-18pow-ac-power-adaptor-24v-0-8a?variant=7201747796017

If you look on the back of the plug you should see it says its output is 0.8A. Please check this is the case.

If the power cable is definitely right, and I know this is going to sound ridiculous, try blowing into the bottom of the router where the vents are to remove any dust.

If it's still not working do you know when you ordered the router from us? We'll need to check your warranty for a potential replacement.