Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.18 (RELEASED)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

SomDeVIL

SomDeVIL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 06:21 AM

It was pulled off the servers by NG due to problems with it. Auto update should work on next release, when that arrives.

That doesn't explain why auto update didn't update when it went live in the first place though. How is the next release going to be any different?  :huh:

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 AM

That doesn't explain why auto update didn't update when it went live in the first place though. How is the next release going to be any different?  :huh:

They stagger out the automatic updates so say if a major bug somehow slipped through and prevented internet access it wouldn't affect every single router.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

SomDeVIL

SomDeVIL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

They stagger out the automatic updates so say if a major bug somehow slipped through and prevented internet access it wouldn't affect every single router.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you. I just wanted to raise the question in case it was a bug.

Soviet

Soviet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 PM

I upgraded, I notice I only get the (unnamed device) in the device manager should i downgrade?

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUK

I upgraded, I notice I only get the (unnamed device) in the device manager should i downgrade?

If you rename the devices to what they were before I believe that should go away. (maybe after a reboot too) UPnP is not populating its list and for some not working properly giving a strict NAT or not letting people access things like their Nas. If you are okay on it with no ill affects stay on it, personally I downgraded just as a precaution  but what you do is entirely up to you. I would say if you start noticing anything odd to downgrade, if not wait until the new update is released.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
It’s up to you Soviet, but I would recommend downgrading for now. A corrected version should be out soon.

You can roll back the firmware by going here: https://kb.netgear.c...ersion-2-2-1-10

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 05:21 AM
Any word on next update?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

I don't think it will be very long, just testing the UPnP fix.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Dilly Dilly

Dilly Dilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Release / offer a beta to let real world users test to see if the fix was successful. The upgraded features in DumaOS were nice, but I had to downgrade due to connection issues that may have been related to UPnP.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Release / offer a beta to let real world users test to see if the fix was successful. The upgraded features in DumaOS were nice, but I had to downgrade due to connection issues that may have been related to UPnP.

I've sent you a PM

Time Converter

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

PM?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
Private Message, would you like it as well?

Time Converter

Find_the_Door

Find_the_Door

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 AM

If there's a beta I'd definitely love to test

Wally173

Wally173

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I would like a beta firmware to test as well if possible please

Zirkawn

Zirkawn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 AM

any good news on how news on the beta firmware and if it fixed all of the issues?

Dilly Dilly

Dilly Dilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I flashed it a few hours ago without doing a reset and everything seems fine. The UPnP table is populating like it should. The only thing that I noticed is that the custom device names in the device manager are lost after the upgrade

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUK

I flashed it a few hours ago without doing a reset and everything seems fine. The UPnP table is populating like it should. The only thing that I noticed is that the custom device names in the device manager are lost after the upgrade

Did you add them again okay? I for one would like this fix to be rolled out soon really, I have to admit. I always do a factory reset after updating as this fix patches quite a few things like Port 22 being visibly closed  and not in stealth mode on the previous firmware. Also the change to SHA256 certificates in lieu of MD5 for OpenVPN

Biddyone

Biddyone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

If it is not going to release today, I would like it as well. Being able to block dedicated servers is a must. I would have kept the update if not for the UPNP issues.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

If there's a beta I'd definitely love to test

I have sent it to you but need feedback by the end of the UK working day.

I would like a beta firmware to test as well if possible please

I have sent it to you but need feedback by the end of the UK working day.

any good news on how news on the beta firmware and if it fixed all of the issues?

I've had good responses regarding it so far.

So devices that you completely renamed? Which browser did you do this on? I could not reproduce on Chrome.

If it is not going to release today, I would like it as well. Being able to block dedicated servers is a must. I would have kept the update if not for the UPNP issues.

I need to give feedback by the end of the day, judging on your time zone you won't be able to do that. I believe it will be released in the next few days.

Time Converter

vonskie

vonskie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Send me that Pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users