Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Verizon Fios and XR500?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 PM

I'm moving to a new home and I am now within a Fios area which can give me gigabit speeds (yay!).

Verizon seem pretty intent on them wanting me to use their own router and have even made a comment on how certain TV features will not be available. 

I don't want to not use my XR500 so does anyone here know a workaround or have experience with this? 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

I'd look up online tutorials for using third party routers if you have a certain provider/hub that does not allow it, thats your best bet

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Achilles

Achilles

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Spoke to their support and apparently I can literally just connect the XR500 via one of the Verizon's gateway ethernet ports and it will work without any hassle. Will try tomorrow and report back. 

Getting 940+ download and 940+ upload! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users