D2 locked servers (not in strict mode)

NEVERMIND - I had more than one browser instance open...Strict was ticked in the other one. My bad!

==================================

Getting booted today by these servers

ID: 93368c57d332575c    Distance: 6082mi

ID: 19346934d1b8454a    Distance: 9245mi

ID: 02348f5ad1a15358    Distance: 1308mi

• Administrators

Glad to hear its resolved Will.

got booted too, just when i thought something was working in this device.

Strict mode off that shouldn't happen. If it doesn't please provide the IDs of the blocked servers

D2 has been super trash on the netduma R1 since release. It's a game where DCing means the difference between carrying that guy flawless or losing an hour because I DC and get a loss thanks to this junk "gaming" router. I've been adjusting setting since release- set up my router from advice by Chives as well as what's on Bungie's website. It's definitely something wrong with the netduma. I can plug into my modem and never DC or have any problems. Obviously the geo filter does not work at all with D2's servers. Only reason I have been hanging on to the thing was for congestion control which has helped me stream. I'm ultimately very unhappy with this router and the fact that the support page is a forum is depressing as hell. Probably going to destroy the thing or sell it to some poor soul.

• Netduma Staff

D2 has been super trash on the netduma R1 since release. It's a game where DCing means the difference between carrying that guy flawless or losing an hour because I DC and get a loss thanks to this junk "gaming" router. I've been adjusting setting since release- set up my router from advice by Chives as well as what's on Bungie's website. It's definitely something wrong with the netduma. I can plug into my modem and never DC or have any problems. Obviously the geo filter does not work at all with D2's servers. Only reason I have been hanging on to the thing was for congestion control which has helped me stream. I'm ultimately very unhappy with this router and the fact that the support page is a forum is depressing as hell. Probably going to destroy the thing or sell it to some poor soul.

Destiny 2 is less suitable for the Geo-Filter since they use a hybrid matchmaking system - the host changes quite a lot in the public spaces. You should be able to use the Geo-Filter when you're playing Crucible though (if you're in a party, you need to be the host for this).

The Geo-Filter was designed to help you out with matchmaking games and give you control over which host you join. It works brilliantly in matchmaking scenarios, but by all means shouldn't be used unless you're in that situation.

One of the biggest parts of the problem, imo, is that Destiny will match you to players outside of the geofilter through their servers.

When strict works it works wonders. I had a streak and a half in competitive (solo) on Sat and it was a blast everything was crisp and perfect, no laggy players. I was working on another one on Sun - at some point in the afternoon something changed on their servers, or at least the one I was connecting to, and everything went to crap again, shots wouldn't register movement felt sluggish, laggy players, etc. Started getting booted with strict on, then suspended because of the beaver errors. So frustrating....yet I keep playing.

Destiny 2 is less suitable for the Geo-Filter since they use a hybrid matchmaking system - the host changes quite a lot in the public spaces. You should be able to use the Geo-Filter when you're playing Crucible though (if you're in a party, you need to be the host for this).

The Geo-Filter was designed to help you out with matchmaking games and give you control over which host you join. It works brilliantly in matchmaking scenarios, but by all means shouldn't be used unless you're in that situation.

https://netduma.com/support/faqs/which-games-is-the-netduma-compatible-with/

You guys claim geo-filter is fully compatible with destiny 2 even though its obviously booting us out.

It's kicking me out randomly even though am host and strict is not ticked. Destiny Profile selected.

Let's ask this again, how do i check for server ID after getting booted ?

• Netduma Staff

https://netduma.com/support/faqs/which-games-is-the-netduma-compatible-with/

You guys claim geo-filter is fully compatible with destiny 2 even though its obviously booting us out.

It's kicking me out randomly even though am host and strict is not ticked. Destiny Profile selected.

Let's ask this again, how do i check for server ID after getting booted ?

With strict mode off you shouldn't be getting kicked. What error message do you get?

You can check the server ID by looking at the Geo-Filter map after you've been kicked. If there are any icons showing blocked servers or players on the map, click on those to bring up the Ping graph. You can find the ID of the server there.

This is the map after dc, no exclamation marks. This is so frustrating.

With strict mode off you shouldn't be getting kicked. What error message do you get?

You can check the server ID by looking at the Geo-Filter map after you've been kicked. If there are any icons showing blocked servers or players on the map, click on those to bring up the Ping graph. You can find the ID of the server there.

https://imgur.com/aP0PYhy

• Administrators

This is the map after dc, no exclamation marks. This is so frustrating.

https://imgur.com/aP0PYhy

Is it definitely set to enabled at the top?

If yes, could you take a screenshot of your whole Geo-Filter page and upload to imgur again. This is 99% likely to be a settings error so should be very easy to fix.

Do you see anything on the map when trying to search? If not you may have added the wrong device, compare IPs in device manager to console network settings

Yes I do, whenever I connect to others ingame they do show up on the map, however not everyone does.

Can you do a quick video recording of the Geo-Filter/game if possible synced up so I can gauge what is happening please

Record the game kicking me out ? I will have to waste quite a bit of time as it doesn't happen always. However when it does it does it in trials of the nine which extremely frustrating and makes using the geo-filter useless in destiny because it wipes out an hour worth of grind. The net duma is not displaying all peer connections in some games and kicks out of trials games.

The problem can be replicated. It happened to multiple people and multiple times to me with duma settings.

• Netduma Staff

I'm thinking something recent has caused the net-code in D2 to change, likely the Warmind update. We've had numerous threads open only recently about disconnects in D2 whereas it's been all quiet on that front until Warmind came out. When you get kicked make sure to note any blocked server ID's that appear so we can add them to the cloud whitelist.

I'd definitely recommend disabling the Geo-Filter in trials, it's not worth risking getting kicked if you're after a streak. I know that the matchmaking in trials is more strict anyway due to the nature of it. Do you get kicked in standard crucible? What about if you're just doing PVE in a public space?

I'm thinking something recent has caused the net-code in D2 to change, likely the Warmind update. We've had numerous threads open only recently about disconnects in D2 whereas it's been all quiet on that front until Warmind came out. When you get kicked make sure to note any blocked server ID's that appear so we can add them to the cloud whitelist.

I'd definitely recommend disabling the Geo-Filter in trials, it's not worth risking getting kicked if you're after a streak. I know that the matchmaking in trials is more strict anyway due to the nature of it. Do you get kicked in standard crucible? What about if you're just doing PVE in a public space?

Will try and report back

When you get kicked make sure to note any blocked server ID's that appear so we can add them to the cloud whitelist.

It kicks me out with no blocked server signs showing up. Sometimes I match up with people that do not show up in the geo filter. So 5/6 or 4/6 only show up.

It kicked me out from towers/public areas aswell but not everytime. It seems that some players that do not show up on the filter but are outside the radius result in me getting kicked