Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R1 vs XR500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Victor-Yout

Victor-Yout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local time: 02:40 PM
  • LocationCologne, Germany

to those who had both, did the xr500 improve your connection?

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

Depends on what you are interested in, the wifi is much better and the firmware options are far more customisable than the r1.

The one gripe I have is that the VPN client only supports H.M.A at the moment forcing me to use my P.I.A on my pc only via windows software!

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 PM

I have both. Did the XR500 improve my connection? No. I never had a problem using the R1 anyways.

I only bought the XR500 for DumaOS and improved hardware.

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • Local time: 08:40 AM
  • LocationUS - Michigan

to those who had both, did the xr500 improve your connection?

No it's not going to make you not lag in video games because someone else has a horrible connection, but as said above the XR 500 has excellent WiFi and it does have the new OS.

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

antithesis

antithesis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 PM
  • LocationBris Vegas

No, the internet connection is governed by your ISP and your modem, not your router.

The same basic tools of the R1 are available on the XR500 (Geofiltering, Congestion Control) to "improve" game connectivity, but I bought it for the hardware upgrade.

Custom VPN is something I want too (I couldn't get a fast connection on the R1) and that's apparently pretty close to release. I'm hoping that might reduce ping, in which case it will improve my connection to the AU game servers 1000km away.

c5860zx.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users