Netflix not casting

Hi there just got a XR500 and for some reason my house mates Netflix won’t cast to his chromecast. I know weird. YouTube and everything else will cast but not Netflix. Plug in the old router and no issue. I’ve reset the chromecast and linked the Netflix account still won’t have it. Netflix will cast to Xbox but won’t connect to the chromecast to stream. Only thing that has changed is the router. SSID and password kept same as previous router. Has anyone experienced this?

Appreciate any feedback

Hi Fraser

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately no change after disabling that. I've restarted the router and chromecast and no luck. I have confirmed the issue on another chromecast as well. Only Netflix as far as I can tell. Youtube and Plex are casting fine on the network.

I’ve swapped out modems as well no difference. The modem/router I used previously is a TP Link D9. Tested it again today and Netflix is casting fine on the D9. A bit stumped on this one. I really wanna make use of the good QOS on the XR500 so don’t wanna put it behind the D9, which is what I’m having to do now to keep everyone happy

• Administrators

I'm not sure what else to suggest Jakes as it does not appear to be a DumaOS issue so it may be something to do with settings. I'd suggest calling Netgears 24/7 support number by logging in here: http://support.netgear.com/they should now be able to help you further than I can