Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

geo filter

geo host

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Local time: 10:39 PM
  • LocationFrance

can someone explain to me, now even games that choose the region in the game settings eg bf 4 and fortnite, shows American servers, I will add that I have for 2 years, and I do not use geo filter because it does not connect with servers, because it shows USA

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,018 posts
  • Local time: 04:39 PM
  • LocationGA-USA

Check here for insight on your matter.  Honestly with the geofilter disabled the servers you get placed into are because of the game itself and not the router.  

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,682 posts
  • Local time: 09:39 PM

Yeh with the Geo-Filter disabled, does this still happen? Seems like quite a strange issue.

So with Europe selected, your console added to the Geo-Filter with strict mode ON and your radius surrounding Europe, what happens? Can you connect to a game?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

juju1366

juju1366

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Yeh with the Geo-Filter disabled, does this still happen? Seems like quite a strange issue.

So with Europe selected, your console added to the Geo-Filter with strict mode ON and your radius surrounding Europe, what happens? Can you connect to a game?

not function for me ps4 1/6 i'm playing :( 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

I think this is because the cloud optimisation we have put in place for the Geo-Filter had not installed onto your router yet. So EU servers were being shown in the US (for example). 

Please see this thread for more info: http://forum.netduma...tnite-pubg-etc/

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance
yesterday everything was fine after the update, the trouble started yesterday evening when I finished playing bf 4 I could not get out of the server, still loading the menu, today I want to turn on the game bf 4 i, connection loss, and the game still loads the server,, helps reboot application, after disabling the geo filter, you can play but shows host bad usa, ping 45ms 9556km,

as for fortnite geo filter works very well

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

This update has not done anything for Battlefield, we have always recommended disabling the filter for BF as you can select your own servers.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

mercuryin

mercuryin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

This update has not done anything for Battlefield, we have always recommended disabling the filter for BF as you can select your own servers.

Hello Fraser, could you please take a look to my last comment on my thread ? http://forum.netduma...ems-netduma-r1/Thanks !

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance

lol

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance

Ta aktualizacja nie zrobiła nic dla Battlefield, zawsze zalecaliśmy wyłączenie filtra dla BF, ponieważ możesz wybrać własne serwery.

więc co, nie robisz nic ze złymi gospodarzami w USA, a teraz grając w fortnite, chcę grać w bf 4 muszę uruchomić komputer i wyłączyć filtr geograficzny, ponieważ dla mnie to jest głupie, lepiej usiąść przy komputerze czasu i wklej niepoprawne hosty, abyś mógł je dodać do chmury, jakie masz rozwiązanie, bo ponieważ nadal będzie sprzedawać twój router, nie piszę nawet o oprogramowaniu opóźnionym o 5 tygodni

I do not know if it's a game or netdum problem, but the game is chosen by the USA host

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Hi Raf - I think the issue with BF4 is that there is a server in the EU that we have placed in the US. Could you click on it when it next appears and get the host ID from the ping graph. Then paste it in here and we can correct it in the next cloud update:

http://forum.netduma...ocations/page-9

Thanks

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance

so I will add the host, only how many times you can add, but why it will block you, and the next one will pop up,

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

If you could provide us with 4-5 IDs that should be enough for us to capture the whole server range. Thanks.

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance

I added seven,

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Provide us with what you have please and we can go from there

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

raf1212

raf1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFrance

bad host USA 

8b9f8a553c2a9499

b29f18e33c519499

839fbf8a3c229499

8b9f7c473c2a9499