Thinking about giving PC a try (FPS)

Sgt-Greco

Would it be worth my time to switch how I play and change from PS4 controller to keyboard and mouse? or would there be no significant difference in how I play?

I have a PS4 Pro, and use my scuf controller to play most of the time, I actually tried keyboard and mouse, and let me tell you that it is kind of difficult to get used to. I've tried keyboard and mouse for a week now, and I still haven't got used to it. I honestly feel it's hard to get used too, and don't understand how people can like this. (I guess if you started with keyboard and mouse first and went on to controller, it's different.)

Are there any advantages you ask? Well the thing I used was a cronus max plus to use keyboard and mouse for my PS4 Pro, easy to setup, but I didn't feel like there were advantages. You can customize your keyboard buttons to do the actions in-game, and people say the precision is or should be better for aiming, but meh I didn't like it that much, or have not used it long enough to be good with it. It just didn't feel the same with a controller in your hand. Gameplay was more difficult too tbh. People say you can turn around faster, but you can do the same with controller and put your in-game sensitivity higher. I'm not sure what they mean by moving faster.

Honestly, I don't think it's better, but as you know I haven't used the Mouse and keyboard long enough. On my Scuf PS4 controller, the only thing different is I have the kontrolfreek vortex which makes my aim alot more better rather than the small default ps4 thumbsticks, and then included with the scuf controller is the paddles that come on the back, but I think you already know about that.

Thanks for the input guys.

I've always been a console player. I find it very hard to use K/M instead of a controller. The learning curve is kinda steep.

How can I use DS4 in my Windows 10 PC? Are there any drivers or something?

I'm looking at this same debate now.  I think I'm going to give it a shot because there are so many cool PC games out there. I used to play Mech Warrior on PC back in the early 2000's and I don't remember it being really difficult.  I planned on buying a couple of games that I can use to learn how to get used to M/KB before I enter the fray or multiplayer games. Good luck!

I play Rocket League which is made for a controller... Switching from PS4 to PC is like a night and day difference. The game is SOOOOO much more enjoyable on PC. Higher FPS and less input delay will make any game much more enjoyable... Now learning keyboard and mouse is going to be a challenge but in my opinion it's worth it

I have a PS4 Pro, and use my scuf controller to play most of the time, I actually tried keyboard and mouse, and let me tell you that it is kind of difficult to get used to. I've tried keyboard and mouse for a week now, and I still haven't got used to it. I honestly feel it's hard to get used too, and don't understand how people can like this. (I guess if you started with keyboard and mouse first and went on to controller, it's different.)

I've heard alot of folk use a controller for movement and mouse to aim and shoot. Might be easier to get used to.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard alot of folk use a controller for movement and mouse to aim and shoot. Might be easier to get used to.

Yup. I am one such person who uses a Playstation Navigation controller on the left hand and a mouse on the right when I moved to PC from more than a decade of console gaming. It was hard at 1st to use a keyboard. Super hard.

After a year with the nav and me climbing the ranks with it, I was trying out a single player game and tried using the keyboard. Far Cry 5 to be exact. From then on, I got used to a keyboard. Occasionally, games like Fortnite is a lot more difficult due to more keys to learn.

I use the PS3 controller emulator called Better DS3 to get the Playstation Navigation controller to work.