Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 or R1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mohands

mohands

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Local time: 12:47 AM

Hi, 

I have now R1, and as per forum admins here we will wait more time to get Duma OS. So, do you advice me to buy XR500 or keep working with R1. 

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,524 posts
  • Local time: 10:47 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

The choice is yours. The R1 is still a great router for gaming as it is. The XR500 has more up-to-date hardware and the new dumaOS. If your R1 is serving you well at the moment then stick with that. I have both routers and still think they are both good.

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

mohands

mohands

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Local time: 12:47 AM

my question is " does XR500 deserve its money, as I saw many people complained about it 

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

I like it, I think it is a great router. Theres those that like it and those that do not, that is the same with many man things. Do you think the router is worth the money?.......that is for you alone to decide. There are those that like and dislike the R1.  

I am a site moderator not an employee and the views I give are my own and not representative of Netduma.

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,567 posts

Most of the complaints are by people missing certain small features such as ping assist or experiencing issues which are being investigated and fixed. 

The hardware is fantastic, great WiFi and has no issue running DumaOS. You get the best software with the best hardware. Equally DumaOS will come to the R1 so it's your decision.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users